Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
abelski
408 Views, 10 Replies

crash

Raster design 2005 crashes every time I try to insert images

autocad just closes with no message.. any ideas?

the tiffs are 10 to 15 mb's really small
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: abelski

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 14:28:20 GMT, loupis wrote: >Raster design 2005 crashes every time I try to insert images > >autocad just closes with no message.. any ideas? > >the tiffs are 10 to 15 mb's really small Try running AutoCAD from the AutoCAD icon. Use Insert->Image (Not Image->Insert) to insert an image. Does that work? Are you sending the bug report to Autodesk when that dialog comes up? Phil Daley
Message 3 of 11
abelski

In this particular drawing, I've tried image-insert, dragging the image in and inserting it from map.

It's a unique crash - Autocad just disappears. (whether you've saved or not)

I send in one report, I'll send it again.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Please try the following: 1. Try running AutoCAD from the AutoCAD icon. Do not run Raster Design. 2. Use AutoCAD menu Insert->Image (Not Raster Design menu Image->Insert) to insert an image. Does that work? On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:11:24 GMT, loupis wrote: >In this particular drawing, I've tried image-insert, dragging the image in and inserting it from map. > >It's a unique crash - Autocad just disappears. (whether you've saved or not) > >I send in one report, I'll send it again. Phil Daley
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 14:28:20 GMT, loupis wrote: >Raster design 2005 crashes every time I try to insert images > >autocad just closes with no message.. any ideas? > >the tiffs are 10 to 15 mb's really small If you want, post an image to autodesk.autocad.customer-files and I will try it out. Phil Daley
Message 6 of 11
abelski

that might be out of the question. the image is a 100mb tiff

It seems to work in some drawings but in other drawings it Autocad crashes (disappears) as soon as image/insert is clicked
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

I have the same problem, now I cant open any DWG's AutoCAD just crashes without and error message.

I had to install Raster Design 2005.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Make that un-install Raster 2005
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

See my suggestions under MrSid loads very slowly post. Check for transparency or imageadjust changes. Also, run AUDIT and PURGE on any drawings you are having trouble with. Does it only crash after you see the Raster Design splash screen? Is it ONLY tiff files? Try inserting another type of image file from Raster Design\Samples folder. "davidbl" wrote in message news:32263702.1087329826042.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > Make that un-install Raster 2005
Message 10 of 11
abelski

I did find a semi work around....

I'm running a p4 box with 2 gigs of ram and I had set the maximum memory for raster design at 1024 mb.

Once I set the maximum to 0 it quit crashing as much.

It seems the problem is related to using up all the available memory and then autocad just ejects with no save option.
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Do you happen to know anything about the TIFF file? Is it bitonal? or is it color? What is the pixel size of the image? (rows, columns) Is it tiled, stripped, or monolithic internally? This will show up as "Data Organization in the image property display of the image manager. That is if you can load it... "loupis" wrote in message news:13130667.1087325412579.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > that might be out of the question. the image is a 100mb tiff > > It seems to work in some drawings but in other drawings it Autocad crashes (disappears) as soon as image/insert is clicked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost