Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs/Problems with 2005

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
226 Views, 3 Replies

Bugs/Problems with 2005

In just one day I've discovered a bunch of problems with my copy of Raster Design 2005. First the configuration... IBM Netvista P4-2.4GHz/533FSB 1GB DDR Ram (PC2100) nVidia GF4 Ti 4200, various driver versions on various computers (2942, 4523, 6177) Autodesk Map 3D 2005 Autodesk LDD 2005 Autodesk Raster Design 2005 Now the problems... 1. Raster Design performance and display is light years *behind* 2004. Pan and zoom perform really really bad on my computer, and everyone else's in my work group, in either draft or normal quality. On some images, when I zoom out, my image nearly disappears, only to reappear when I zoom in, that never happened in 2004. The images are bitonal Group 4 TIFFs 36"x24" at 400DPI, the same format we were using under 2004. Color TIFFs (1 sq. mile, 1 pixel = 1 foot) peform worse than 2004 as well, though not as bad (I'd suspect a size issue). 2. Repeatable crash: Have image up, change memory amount in RD options, perform a RD command or have RD redraw the image. Autocad product just disappears - no fatal error message box or anything. 3. Bug: Start Map 3D, invoke a RD command, Map 3D loads the RD extension (the splash screen shows up), it works fine. Use any RD commands you'd like. But you cant save the images (in our case bitonal TIF). If you start it using the RD icon and it loads it off the bat, you can save images just fine. Waiting eagerly for RD 2005 SP 1, hoping that it fixes my problems, Anthony
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Anthony, >>1. Raster Design performance and display is light years *behind* 2004... We are collecting datasets in the interest of investigating performance issues. >>2. Repeatable crash: Have image up, change memory amount I have been able to recreate this issue. I have logged this issue. >>3. Bug: Start Map 3D, invoke a RD command, Map 3D loads... We have been able to recreate this issue and we are currently investigating this issue. Thank you! Jonathan Golubiewski Autodesk Product Support Land.Civil.Survey "Anthony" wrote in message news:41116f1d$1_2@newsprd01... > In just one day I've discovered a bunch of problems with my copy of Raster > Design 2005. First the configuration... > > IBM Netvista > P4-2.4GHz/533FSB > 1GB DDR Ram (PC2100) > nVidia GF4 Ti 4200, various driver versions on various computers (2942, > 4523, 6177) > > Autodesk Map 3D 2005 > Autodesk LDD 2005 > Autodesk Raster Design 2005 > > Now the problems... > > 1. Raster Design performance and display is light years *behind* 2004. Pan > and zoom perform really really bad on my computer, and everyone else's in my > work group, in either draft or normal quality. On some images, when I zoom > out, my image nearly disappears, only to reappear when I zoom in, that never > happened in 2004. The images are bitonal Group 4 TIFFs 36"x24" at 400DPI, > the same format we were using under 2004. Color TIFFs (1 sq. mile, 1 pixel = > 1 foot) peform worse than 2004 as well, though not as bad (I'd suspect a > size issue). > > 2. Repeatable crash: Have image up, change memory amount in RD options, > perform a RD command or have RD redraw the image. Autocad product just > disappears - no fatal error message box or anything. > > 3. Bug: Start Map 3D, invoke a RD command, Map 3D loads the RD extension > (the splash screen shows up), it works fine. Use any RD commands you'd like. > But you cant save the images (in our case bitonal TIF). If you start it > using the RD icon and it loads it off the bat, you can save images just > fine. > > Waiting eagerly for RD 2005 SP 1, hoping that it fixes my problems, > Anthony > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Anthony, We are collecting datasets in the interest of investigating performance issues. Would you be willing to post some images that you are having trouble with to customer files for review and testing? If so, please post the files to customer files (news://discussion.autodesk.com/autodesk.autocad.customer-files) and reply directly to me with the title of the customer files post. Thank you! Jonathan Golubiewski Autodesk Product Support Land.Civil.Survey "Jon Golubiewski [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:41507c81$1_1@newsprd01... > Hi Anthony, > > >>1. Raster Design performance and display is light years *behind* 2004... > > We are collecting datasets in the interest of investigating performance > issues. > > >>2. Repeatable crash: Have image up, change memory amount > I have been able to recreate this issue. I have logged this issue. > > >>3. Bug: Start Map 3D, invoke a RD command, Map 3D loads... > We have been able to recreate this issue and we are currently investigating > this issue. > > Thank you! > > Jonathan Golubiewski > Autodesk Product Support > Land.Civil.Survey > > > "Anthony" wrote in message > news:41116f1d$1_2@newsprd01... > > In just one day I've discovered a bunch of problems with my copy of Raster > > Design 2005. First the configuration... > > > > IBM Netvista > > P4-2.4GHz/533FSB > > 1GB DDR Ram (PC2100) > > nVidia GF4 Ti 4200, various driver versions on various computers (2942, > > 4523, 6177) > > > > Autodesk Map 3D 2005 > > Autodesk LDD 2005 > > Autodesk Raster Design 2005 > > > > Now the problems... > > > > 1. Raster Design performance and display is light years *behind* 2004. Pan > > and zoom perform really really bad on my computer, and everyone else's in > my > > work group, in either draft or normal quality. On some images, when I zoom > > out, my image nearly disappears, only to reappear when I zoom in, that > never > > happened in 2004. The images are bitonal Group 4 TIFFs 36"x24" at 400DPI, > > the same format we were using under 2004. Color TIFFs (1 sq. mile, 1 pixel > = > > 1 foot) peform worse than 2004 as well, though not as bad (I'd suspect a > > size issue). > > > > 2. Repeatable crash: Have image up, change memory amount in RD options, > > perform a RD command or have RD redraw the image. Autocad product just > > disappears - no fatal error message box or anything. > > > > 3. Bug: Start Map 3D, invoke a RD command, Map 3D loads the RD extension > > (the splash screen shows up), it works fine. Use any RD commands you'd > like. > > But you cant save the images (in our case bitonal TIF). If you start it > > using the RD icon and it loads it off the bat, you can save images just > > fine. > > > > Waiting eagerly for RD 2005 SP 1, hoping that it fixes my problems, > > Anthony > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I am pleased to announce that Autodesk Raster Design 2005 Hot Fix 2 is now available at the following location: DL4763892 Autodesk Raster Design 2005 Hot Fix 2 http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL4763892 This update addresses the following issues: 1. Faster image pan and zoom. This update will significantly improve the panning and zooming speeds for all image types 2. Ability to save images when demand loaded. This update will allow images to be saved, if Raster Design was demand loaded after a drawing with images was opened. 3. Plot stability. This update makes image plotting more stable. Jonathan Golubiewski Autodesk Product Support Land.Civil.Survey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost