Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answers to future use of Raster Design

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cabentz
297 Views, 3 Replies

Answers to future use of Raster Design

I've been told by my GSA Autodesk Reseller that the future release (beyond 2009) of AutoCAD Civil 3D will have the Raster Design module imbedded. Can anyone elaborate on this information?

Charles Bentz
WCH CAD Lead
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cabentz

Those that know can't say.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I've
been told by my GSA Autodesk Reseller that the future release (beyond 2009) of
AutoCAD Civil 3D will have the Raster Design module imbedded. Can anyone
elaborate on this information? Charles Bentz WCH CAD
Lead
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

What do you mean by "Raster Design module"? If you're talking about the free Raster OE that enables the insertion of SID and ECW
images, then it is possible that C3D could ship with that. But the Raster Design product would not be integrated into Civil... that
just doesn't make any sense. I can imagine a day when some RD features are pulled into base AutoCAD and others into Map (and
consequently Civil)....

Matt

wrote in message news:6055890@discussion.autodesk.com...
I've been told by my GSA Autodesk Reseller that the future release (beyond 2009) of AutoCAD Civil 3D will have the Raster Design
module imbedded. Can anyone elaborate on this information? Charles Bentz WCH CAD Lead
Message 4 of 4
peter.rieks

There are no current plans in place that will have Raster Design become an imbedded module of Civil 3D.

// Peter

Peter Rieks | Sr. Product Manager, Geospatial Platform & Raster Design | peter.rieks@autodesk.com | +1 415 306 1362

LL: 38.0029°, -122.5370°

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost