Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25001 uninstall problem continues

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
638 Views, 9 Replies

25001 uninstall problem continues

Re: Uninstall Problem Isaac, I have the indentical problem from the identical cause. i uninstalled autodesk 2005 before uninstalling raster design 2005. RD will not install or uninstall. the error message is 25001. I deleted files as you suggested. i had already deleted all the R/Dfiles in my registry applied your file and RD disappeared from add/remove. But RD still flags the same error and will not initialize. To check the platform, i installed inventor and it went in normally. any ideas?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I replied to you in a previous post, but I still don't understand what are you trying to do. You cleaned up the files and run the utility, so that should fake an un-install. What are you trying to do next? Are you trying to install Raster Design again? If this is the case, do you have AutoCAD installed? Thanks, -- Isaac Rodriguez SW Enginieer - Autodesk ---------------------------------------- There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't. "EDWARD Lally" wrote in message news:40b50d3c$1_3@newsprd01... > Re: Uninstall Problem > Isaac, I have the indentical problem from the identical cause. i uninstalled > autodesk 2005 before uninstalling raster design 2005. RD will not install or > uninstall. the error message is 25001. I deleted files as you suggested. i > had already deleted all the R/Dfiles in my registry applied your file and RD > disappeared from add/remove. But RD still flags the same error and will not > initialize. To check the platform, i installed inventor and it went in > normally. any ideas? > >
Message 3 of 10
elally2

I am trying to install raster design again over autocad desktop.
I installed raster design over desktop originally and had some problems. Idecided to reinstall everything, but i uninstalled desktop first, and raster design would not uninstall. i followed your advice. I cleared the registry of all raster design files, and faked the uininstall, reinstalled desktop successfully, but raster design still gives th 25001 error flag and refuses to install.
Message 4 of 10
elally2

I installed raster design over desktop originally and had some problems. Idecided to reinstall everything, but i uninstalled desktop first, and raster design would not uninstall. i followed your advice. I cleared the registry of all raster design files, and faked the uininstall, reinstalled desktop successfully, but raster design still gives th 25001 error flag and refuses to install.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Hey guys.. If Raster Design still shows up in Add/Remove programs, but refuses to uninstall (or reinstall), the "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility" does the trick: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301 The tool doesn't remove the Raster Design program folder, shared files or registry settings that it may install. It only removes the installer specific components and registry settings, and should only be used as a last resort to uninstall a program. Chris "elally2" wrote in message news:30117372.1086212705999.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I installed raster design over desktop originally and had some problems. Idecided to reinstall everything, but i uninstalled desktop first, and raster design would not uninstall. i followed your advice. I cleared the registry of all raster design files, and faked the uininstall, reinstalled desktop successfully, but raster design still gives th 25001 error flag and refuses to install.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Please be so kind and tell me how did You solved Error 25001?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I have an identical problem which happened last night. I have not removed any registry components or manually removed files as yet and do not want to do so until I know the problem has been solved by this means.

Has your problem been resolved and if so how did you handle it?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Brian, I have helped many people solve this issue by using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility that Chris Dodge refers to in this thread. It seems that if you have tried the shotgun approach and manually deleted registry entries, the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility will not work. If this is the case, then you will need to use the utility that Isaac provided earlier on the newsgroup. Isaac's post is in the thread called Uninstall Problem (originally posted by widewaterconsulting on 05/13/04). I hope this information helps. Jonathan Golubiewski Autodesk Product Support Land.Civil.Survey "BrianM2" wrote in message news:23798501.1092177226187.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have an identical problem which happened last night. I have not removed any registry components or manually removed files as yet and do not want to do so until I know the problem has been solved by this means. > > Has your problem been resolved and if so how did you handle it?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Jon
Thanks for the reply. By the time I heard from you I had consulted my local Autodesk rep, gritted my teeth, and used the Windows installer cleanup utility followed by removal of the Raster design directory complete with files and it all worked like a dream.

Raster design reloaded without incident.

Just a comment - it might be worth putting a warning into the install screen to remove Raster Design first. I was in too much of a hurry and did not think when I had to remove a trial versions once I'd received a package I'd had on order.

Regards

Brian
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

THANK YOU THE CLEANER WORK JUST FINE FOR ME.
I do have another question, Were can I find the update for Architectural Desktop 2006 student version? the patch for the registry to help the program load faster is the update that I'm looking for. any help that you can offer would be appreciated.
You could E-maIL AT: CHAVEZ5140@sbcglobal.net
THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost