Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success with R14 & Win 7 need help with lman

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
royboy666
6151 Views, 4 Replies

Success with R14 & Win 7 need help with lman

R14 works great in 32 bit Windows 7 with help from info found in this forum and elswhere, you simply replace that one DLL file, and your set to go. 3 things I found so far that have a problem:

1. Image commnad not available, simple fix, drag & drop a bitmap off your desktop right into cad, voila, image command magically works.
2. Some lisp commands including a few that I have wrote will return errors, I am working on what the problem since I can follow my own code.
3. LMAN will load up in a new drawing or a drawing that has no LMAN information attached. BUT it will not work, you cant save a layer state, or import a .lay file, very frustrating since I rely on this utility.
LMAN will not even load up on a drawing that has LMAN information, returns a error immediately, then if you load it up on a new drawing, hit save layer state, it will return an error and never load up again in that drawing.

I am not an autolisp expert so I could not follow what was going on code line by code line in the lman.lsp file.

Any genious's out here willing to help ?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RegArchi
in reply to: royboy666

Hi
I am wanting to run R14 in Windows7 - Ultimate via the virtual xp mode!
Are you able to tell me what DLL file you have to delete?
Regards
Reg
Message 3 of 5
royboy666

Yes I can tell you and no, do not delete it. The file is located in your acadr14 root directory, its called SH31W32.DLL.
You can get a new SH31W32.DLL by downloading it from a few websites, I think it is even in these discaussion groups atttached to a message, get it, replace the one in your directory with the new one , double click the ACADAUT.REG file in the same directory, and you should be good to go.
You do not have to run it in virtual xp mode, I have fix a few problems like it not loading cruicial ARX files at startup, I have no idea why they wont load but I figured out which ones are needed and added them to my ACAD.LSP file.

The only problem I have now remaining is I get a crash error whenever I offset an ellipse (which I rarely do) or whenever node clicking on a spline, I know when you offset an ellipse it makes a spline, so I think it does NOT like splines at all. I rarely use them so its no big deal to me and I have set the PELLIPSE variable to 1 which makes an oval out of regular polylines which can be offset without error.

I will continue to try to fix the spline error, I will not be beaten !!! R14 is lean and mean, I also use 2010, but if I need to do a project fast, I use R14, go figure, they keep adding more and more 'junk' instead of trying to improve speed & enhancing basic drawing commands.

Its hilarious, at work they have 2010, I installed my legal copy of R14 on my computer, I tell my boss when he asks why I am using R14 "do you want it done fast with the exact same results, or do you want it to take more time using your precious 2010". I have to train people in 2010 to draw a friggen wall of a particular type, how to construct a wall of a particular type in AEC, its baffling even to the most seasoned autocad operators, and the drawings we do are not even for 3d purposes. Then the naysayers say, hey look I can switch the swing of a door with one click, LOOK, I laugh at that, big FRIGGEN deal, the mirror command does the same goddam thing, 2 clicks, your done. One of the many peaves I have with the "newer" Autocads is simple things like the layer dialog box, WHY do I have to wait a 1/2 second for the thing to appear, I am running an pentium I7 with 2 gigs ram, are you joking me, in R14 its of course lightspeed like everything else. I use and so do most the layer command once every 10 or so commands, add up that half second over a day, a week, your talking hours.

I can go on & on but its fruitless, there is no more support for R14. Its Funny many years after I purcheased R14 for some big buck (to me), they said thay will no l onger suppoert it so you have to upgrade, I DID, to 2002, so I own 2002, and I NEVER used it, I loaded it, tested it, and said, I can do everything I need to do faster in R14, why would I use this ? And that was the last time I upgraded, not to mention they started coming out with one every year.
Message 4 of 5
tepolgar

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit o/s and installed Autocad R14 and have replaced the dll file and I still get "FATAL ERROR: Heap error" and then program quits. Any suggestions for my issue?
PS: Does it matter on how I installed Acad14? IE: I did not install as typical but did custom and omitted some of the items. Edited by: tepolgar on Dec 16, 2009 4:19 PM
Message 5 of 5
diagodose2009

Search on google.com search string.......... "windows me vhd downloading"
Download ..........Microsoft VirtualPc or site www.microsoft.com
Running virtual machine on VirtualPc after instalation the program Virtualpc in windows7.
And at finish install autocad r14 into virtual machine.
I hope that is the best choice is your autocadR14.exe generate error.
ALL dwg editing in virtual machine...........
Alles gutes.................

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report