Save complex linetypes in R12 DXF format

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rordep
1962 Views, 4 Replies

Save complex linetypes in R12 DXF format

Hi,

I'm using AutoCad Map 3D 2010 to create some blocks and linetypes. I'm having problems when I try to see my complex linetypes in DXF R12 format. All the others objects (blocks and simple linetypes) seems fine. To create my linetypes I created a .lin file.

Does anyone can help me understand why this happens?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: rordep

Not a feature of R12: post a sample file.

Message 3 of 5
rordep
in reply to: pendean

Thanks

I don't know what do you mean as a sample, so I attached all files - dwg and dxf R12. Below I post the .lin file

I wanted to create for instance a double parallel lines, When I try to see the dxf file I got this error message "

Unknown group 75 for table on line 716.
Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded.

Unknown group 75 for table on line 716.Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded."

If could give me any tip I would be grateful

- - - dobleLine.lin - - - 

;; [CODE_PAGE] ANSI_1252

*doubleLine,

A,0.01,-0.002,["-",STANDARD,S=0.2,R=0.0,X=-0.04,Y=0.07],0.01,["-",STANDARD,S=0.2,R=0.0,X=-0.05,Y=-0.07],0.01

- - - -

Message 4 of 5
artc2
in reply to: rordep

As Dean said, complex linetypes are not supported in AutoCAD R12, so you won't be able to get your complex linetypes into R12 dxf files.

From the error you descibe, it sounds like our R12 DXF converter has a bug in it when it comes to processing complex linetypes.  Your best option is to make sure that your dwg files don't have complex linetypes in them when you are saving to R12 dxf.

Message 5 of 5
rordep
in reply to: artc2

OK! Thank you both for the answers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report