AutoCAD R12/R13/R14 Archive

AutoCAD R12/R13/R14 Archive

seaspan
Message 11 of 11 (789 Views)

Re: Running ACAD r12 DOS from Windows XP

06-17-2010 07:38 PM in reply to: Plan9
No DOSX.EXE loaded (Microsoft DPMI host): Error TNT.20035: The 386 chip is currently executing in virtual 8086 mode under the control of another program. You must turn off this other program in order to use TNT DOS-Extender to run in protected mode. Solution: Load DOSX.EXE in an Autoexec .NT file such as AUTOEXEC.NT or a program specific Autoexec .NT you create and set in the Program Shortcut/Program/Advanced/Custom MS-DOS initialization files/Autoexec filename: - REM Install DPMI support lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx This is the standard line in AUTOEXEC.NT. In your program shortcut's Memory tab, set EMS to None. ----------------- Obviously you know what you are talking about and I am grateful for this. I am trying to configure a Dos based version of ArcInfo 3.5.1 (1997) and I am receiving the same error message. I have tried many variations and attempts with my NT files (both autoexec.nt and config.nt). I have followed the exact rules you specify yet still receive the error message. I am at a loss what to do....
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.