AutoCAD R12/R13/R14 Archive

AutoCAD R12/R13/R14 Archive

seaspan
Message 11 of 11 (801 Views)

Re: Running ACAD r12 DOS from Windows XP

06-17-2010 07:38 PM in reply to: Plan9
No DOSX.EXE loaded (Microsoft DPMI host): Error TNT.20035: The 386 chip is currently executing in virtual 8086 mode under the control of another program. You must turn off this other program in order to use TNT DOS-Extender to run in protected mode. Solution: Load DOSX.EXE in an Autoexec .NT file such as AUTOEXEC.NT or a program specific Autoexec .NT you create and set in the Program Shortcut/Program/Advanced/Custom MS-DOS initialization files/Autoexec filename: - REM Install DPMI support lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx This is the standard line in AUTOEXEC.NT. In your program shortcut's Memory tab, set EMS to None. ----------------- Obviously you know what you are talking about and I am grateful for this. I am trying to configure a Dos based version of ArcInfo 3.5.1 (1997) and I am receiving the same error message. I have tried many variations and attempts with my NT files (both autoexec.nt and config.nt). I have followed the exact rules you specify yet still receive the error message. I am at a loss what to do....
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!