cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
sarasotabone
1093 Views, 6 Replies

RELEASE14

HAVE BEEN USING RELEASE14, SINCE '97. HAVE HAD MY OWN COPY SINCE '01. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM UNTIL NOW. MY DRAWING SCREEN WENT FROM NORMAL COLORS TO BLACK & WHITE, AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG (I DID SOMETHING). LINETYPE AND BLOCKS ARE NORMAL, AND PROPERTIES  ARE ALSO NORMAL, BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO REVERT BACK TO THE COLORS SCHEME. LIKE I SAID, MY DRAWING SCREEN WENT FROM NORMAL COLORS TO BLACK & WHITE. ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE GRATEFUL.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
3wood
in reply to: sarasotabone

Are you in paper space or model space?

How about other applications other than AutoCAD?

How about the AutoCAD menu?

You may need "printscreen" and post the screen shot so people can understand what you are talking about better.

Message 3 of 7
sarasotabone
in reply to: 3wood

this is the copy of the screen, but everything (text, lines, hatch) appear all white, but when you click on the properties, it gives all indications that are correct. also, everything prints out in the correct colors.

Message 4 of 7
3wood

You image is blocked by the fire wall.

I guess you might applied the plot style to the paper space. Does it display as color in the model space?

Message 5 of 7
sarasotabone
in reply to: 3wood

WHEN YOU OPEN THE DRAWING, IN THE PREVIEW WINDOW, IT APPEARS NORMAL (FULL COLOR), BUT WHEN IT OPENS UP, TEXT AND LINES ARE WHITE W/ A BLACK BACKGROUND. ALSO, WHEN YOU CHECK YOUR COLOR SET-UP, THEY ALL APPEAR WHITE, BUT WHEN YOU CLICK ON THEM, IN THE DESCRIPTION BOX IT SAYS RED, OR BLUE ETC., BUT THE BOXS ARE STILL WHITE. IS THIS A REPUBLICAN CONSPIRACY ?

Message 6 of 7
Modman_4

Lol hold up now (i am assuming you are south of the Skyway? -- howdy neighbor)

It seems to me there was another post about something like this a few weeks back, and it is simply some system variable that controls the display. I am at home so if I wrote it down I don't have access to it. Perhaps a forum search using DISPLAY?...

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 7 of 7
Modman_4
in reply to: Modman_4

Okay I tried looking it up and the only stuff I am coming up with has to do with whether your plot styles are even checked off, in the Page Setup Manager. Did R14 even have a Page Setup Manager? The issue was how colors would display just fine in modelspace but come out all white in a paperspace viewport.

If yours are giving you fits in modelspace, something may be corrupted in your drawing file. You may want to start a fresh drawing, then open the problem one (using recover), flip all the layers on/thawed/unlocked, then COPYBASE the whole thing into the new drawing and see if the line color problem goes away in the new one. Good luck!

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report