Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R14 & Windows Vista

145 REPLIES 145
Message 1 of 146
mateo d
38515 Views, 145 Replies

R14 & Windows Vista

Hello, Is it possible to run Release 14 on windows vista?
145 REPLIES 145
Message 121 of 146
zahid3749
in reply to: mateo d

THANX ALOT RAYF1967 , U HAVE SOLVED MY PROBLEM ABOUT COMMAND " RASTER IMAGE " ON AUTOCAD R14 .
Tags (1)
Message 122 of 146
gomer950
in reply to: DBarr

I down loaded the patch file from this site and now I can run r14 on vista, but now when I try drawing something I get a error message "unhandled access violation exception at ______" .   the blank is a letter and number combination and is different every time.  this  happens more often when working with circles.  when this happens r14 shuts down and looses all work done since last save.

Anyone had this problem?  any solutions?

Message 123 of 146
vfrflyboy
in reply to: gomer950

Hey all! 1st,,, let me Thank all of you whom has contributed to this thread. I don't care to upgrade, I just like 14 version. But, like all of you here, couldn't get it to work in Vista. I only signed up here ( just to give something back) to write this and to make it a lot easilier for others to get this to work, without reading 13 pages of everybody's input. I'm going to try and make this easy and painless.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

You can not fresh install to Vista 64. It must be copied from another hard drive via thumbdrive or you should be able to just copy file to a CD, than copy to Vista folder you just created. ( I have a dual boot Vista / XP which made this very easy )

Once this is copied to your Vista machine, put the Autocad file in your  Program Files   (NOT x86).

....................................................................................................................................................................................

Instruction to get AutoCad 14 version to work in Vista 64:

All the new files you will need, I have attached below.

Download them, save them to your desktop.( Had to put all 3 files together and .Zip. Cant upload  separately)

Browse to your Autocad, find SH31W32.DLL, it will be in the main Autocad folder, if you can't find it, just do a search.

Copy this file and save it. After it is saved somewhere else on your machine, remove it  from the Autocad folder.

The 3 files you downloaded,,,, GDIFONT3.HDI,,,,,HEIDI3.DLL,,,,,,SH31W32.DLL need to be placed inside the main Autocad folder, (must unzip them 1st)  the same place you removed the SH31W32.DLL file. That it!!    Find your Autocad .EXE file (same folder, Red Icon)

right click on it and make a shortcut icon to your desktop. Close that all out. Click on your new Autocad icon and

Wha LA!

I take NO CREDIT for the above. I just happen to put all YOUR  information together to make it easily for YOU.

Thanks again for all who help me get this to work  on my computer.

Message 124 of 146
huskiemuskie
in reply to: vfrflyboy

THANKYOU VFRFLYBOY ! ! ! ! ! !   That took me not even 10 minutes to get my R14 to work on my vista operating sys on my laptop top.  Can not believe how easy that was.  Thanks so much!  

tom

Message 125 of 146
paconie

ich habe mir einen neuen PC zugelegt und bekomme bei der Installation die Störmeldung:

MEM_BAD_POINTER

Da ich Rentner bin und den PC nur gelegentlich brauche und das ACAD 14 um so seltener, habe ich keinen Zeitdruck.

Aber,

Funktionieren müßte mein ACAD 14 schon.

Mir ist bewusst, dass es bereits neuere Versionen von ACAD gibt.

Da ich aber keine Neukonstruktionen mehr mache, benötige ich auch keine neuere Version von ACAD.

Für Ihre Informationen om Voraus meinen herzlichen Dank

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Franz Niemeier

E-Mail-Nummer:  franz.niemeier@yahoo.de

Message 126 of 146
dbooth91
in reply to: millman52

I am getting a mem bad pointer error message when I attempt to run AutoCad R14. I am on Vista.

Where do I find the replacement SH31W32.dll file?

What do I do next?

Message 127 of 146
chrissi_410
in reply to: dbooth91

Hallo - you have to open your  eyes: Look to the message #123, #114,  #29 or #18, you will find a *.zip- or *.dll Datei.

1)suche in C:\Programme\AutoCad14 die Datei  SH31W32.dll und lösche sie (delete!)

2)Nimm die Datei aus Post #18 or #29 or #114 or #123 und setze sie in  C:\Programme\AutoCad14 ein! Fertig!

3)Start your AutoCad14! That's all!

Greetings from Munich/Germany

🙂

Message 128 of 146
febausa

I have autocad R14 and windows vista home premium but  Autocad abort always the computer write fatal error haep error

I tried repair the problem with :

i found the way to make r14 work with vista
1)find SH31W32.dll file in r14 forder
2)then rename it or backup take
3)replace SH31W32.dll files that works with vista Message was edited by: ninjawayne

The item 1) I made but the item 2) and 3) don't show in my computer.

Please recommend something for working autocad 14R in my computer.

Message 129 of 146
jarl11

dmateo,

Can you be more specific about which registery entries need changing?  I can't seem to get my cad to open.  I downloaded your file and I stopped getting the bad_mem_pointer message, but tells me cadd shutdown.

Thanx, jarl

Message 130 of 146
huskiemuskie
in reply to: jarl11

do what post 123 says to do.... if worked for me!

Message 131 of 146
vfrflyboy
in reply to: jarl11

It been awhile since I posted here..Post 123 is the instruction on how to get R14 to work with Vista.

I don't know how to write the instruction ANY simplier!  The instruction I wrote should be printed in

"Computers for Dummies" Book.  All the files you need are right there to download.

If any body out there can   "be more specific" , I would be happy to read it.

If R14 is trying to shutdown, I would say you put the Heidi3.DLL in the WRONG place, which has to do with startup.

Go back to post 123, and do this.  HAND(s) OFF YOUR MOUSE>>>>Read each sentence 3 times, when your done, read it again 3 times. Go to the next sentence and repeat. Than  next sentence and repeat. Now, to save ME from typing, repeat this until you get to the end.

Now that you understand whats going on here,,,,,,Grab you mouse and go get'em tiger!!:    smileysurprised:

Message 132 of 146
dbr549

Does this also work with the Softdesk 8 Architectural package?

I've been searching these forums and haven't found the answer. A freind of mine said that this R14 fix worked on his Windows 7 64-bit machine but he is unable to use the SDSK Architectural package.  I need to update my computer to a new 64-bit machine but I need my ol' faithful along for the ride!Smiley Wink

Please post if you've had success with Softdesk 8 Arch.

Thanks,

Dave

Message 133 of 146
jhowrossi

Hi!!! I got to install and to run the Autocad R14 in Windows 7. However when moving some object Autocad it stop. Could they help me?

Thank you

Message 134 of 146
jhowrossi
in reply to: jhowrossi

Please, to the to move the Splines, it's stop my autocad R14. Any solution for this case?

Thank you

Message 135 of 146
C.Galbraith

I am an old time user of ACAD. Have ACAD14 cd. Had HD crash and lost working system Using in 32bit. Being 70, it isn't cost effective to spend a lot to get newest version. Have lots of my own projects on file. To make 14 work it needs a different .dll file and I think two more files. Any one that can help, could you send me the files on e-mail. ccgalbraith@sbcglobal.net

Message 136 of 146
chefboss

Hallo, please send mi the SH31W31.dll

for a new installing the ACAD R14 from the old PC to the new Pc with VISTA

Message 137 of 146
huskiemuskie

send me your email address and I can send it to you...  my email is aerotesting@embarqmail.com

Message 138 of 146
chefboss

Hi

My old  R14 run on PC with XP vey good, but now i have installed it on a new PC with VISTA.

Installing is OK, but i cannot open the Programm.

error is -  SmartHeap   MEM_BAD_POINTER , SmartHeap error handler recursively re-entered 

What's the Problem ?

Plaese , i hope ,you can help me

Message 139 of 146
chefboss
in reply to: chefboss

Hi

My old  R14 run on PC with XP good , but now i have installed it on a new PC with Vista,

Installing is OK , but i cannot open the Programm.

Error message is    "AutoCad Application don't work  (defekt)

Wat's the Problem , wat can i do

Please ,  i hope ,you can help

My e-mail  veithans@gmail.com

Message 140 of 146
in reply to: chrissi_410

i need the *-zip...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report