Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R14 & Windows Vista

145 REPLIES 145
Message 1 of 146
mateo d
38518 Views, 145 Replies

R14 & Windows Vista

Hello, Is it possible to run Release 14 on windows vista?
145 REPLIES 145
Message 61 of 146
VAENGR
in reply to: mateo d

Your the man ninjawane!

I was sending back my new (1 day old) Dell xps till I came upon your thread.

R14 runs great and looks even better

I can't thank you enough!
Message 62 of 146
bangoh

Trying to re-install R14 on Vista Home, here is this error message:
---------------------------
16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\CONFIG.NT. (. This required system file is missing. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Any hint?
R14 worked fine since some days ago, but I think after some Vista Updates it ended working..
Message 63 of 146
carlc

Joeself:

Could you send me that attachment you sent describing in detail the proceedures to allow AutoCAD 14 to run in Vista?
I just saw this forum and am starting this process- about a year behind the "herd"

Thanks

emali: carl@concepteng.com

Thanks a million
Message 64 of 146
carolinannguaq

Hi Deaconboat

Did you ever find a solution for not being able to insert Raster Image - I have the same problem and just cannot figure out what to do... I've done as described above and below in the thread - changed all the permissions, downloaded and replaced the file - so it looks as if the program is running - but just the thing about inserting the image...
Message 65 of 146
hbossio

Have been reading all the threads and believe I need the SH31W32.dll - The thread way above with file attached is not working, does anyone have it?
Is this all I need to fix the two problems -mem_bad_pointer ans smartheap error handler messages.
Thanks
Message 66 of 146
hbossio

Forgot to place my E-mail on previous post - would really like help with this SH31W32.dll file.
Thanks hbossio@telus.net Edited by: hbossio on Sep 23, 2008 10:45 PM
Message 67 of 146
Texan1886

Hi Ninja I did as you said with the sh31 file it let windows vista run my autocad 14.When I open the program it gives me a registry will not re-new error message but I close it and cad runs fine so far.When it installed I had an error one the vb and hp printers.But I am very happy now the program works now.
Thanks Very Much
Pete Holmes
Message 68 of 146
tadrumm

Could someone please send me a step-by-step procedure to follow to install R14 in Vista 64-bit? My email address is tadrumm@gmail.com
Message 69 of 146
rayf1967

Image command restored! Hope this helps someone. I am running AutoCAD R.14 on Windows Vista Home 32bit, and it seems successful so far. I renamed the SH31W32.dll file located in the AutoCAD root directory, replaced with the modified download from Ed S. post dated 5-14-07 on this thread and did also loose my "Image" command. My fix for this was trial and error in that I opened AutoCAD R.14 and restored down the program window in order to see my Windows Desktop. I had placed an image file in the form of a .jpg on my Desktop, which I then attempted to drag-n-drop onto my drawing screen as a test. An error will occur at first, but once you cancel this first message the "Image" command should be restored from then on.
Message 70 of 146
peter.parfitt

I see that there are several links to a new version of Sh31w32.dll but...none of these links work for me. Is it possible to get a new link from a member or even have the new file emailed to me. Thanks everyone.

Forget it folks - just managed to get the file.

Well done to all concerned - I am now up and running in Vista. Edited by: peter.parfitt on Oct 29, 2008 3:53 PM
Message 71 of 146
ThomasM123

at least you guys are able to install acadr14, all I get as soon as I put the disk in is this message:

The program or feature "\\??\f:\setup.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of windows.
Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Any ideas? Edited by: ThomasM123 on Oct 31, 2008 6:15 PM
Message 72 of 146
rayf1967

I used a previous installation off of another PC (Windows 98se). Just copied the AutoCAD folders to a flash drive and copied them onto my Windows Vista PC. I then created a shortcut to the acad.exe file on my Desktop and use the program in that way. You will still have to replace the previously mentioned dll file in order for it to not give the error upon execution, or at least this works on a 32bit system.
Message 73 of 146
dcvalfrank

Hi . I am experiencing that "MEM_BAD-POINTER'\" error with R14 Could someone please send me the SH31W32.zip file. Thanks
Message 74 of 146
rayf1967

This file can be downloaded from the attachment shown on Pg.1 of this same thread on post by Ed. S. on May 5, 2007. Good luck!
Message 75 of 146
egoodingjr

rayf1967, you are a genius! Image command wasn't working for me either, on a new installation on an XP-Pro machine. But I followed your lead and dragged an image into the Autocad r14 drawing screen, and it was brought in without even giving an error message. After that, the "image" started working as it should. Thanks for the help.
Message 76 of 146
jambuch

OK Was this fix for Vista 32 or Vista 64?

Has anyone tried Vista 64?

I am trying to install from scratch AutoCAD R14.

Thanks for any help.

I would like to get r14 running to access my design I made for my 1/8 scale Climax locomotive.

Jim Buchanan
Message 77 of 146
rayf1967

The previous fix was for Windows Vista 32bit. I was fortunate enough to have another computer with AutoCAD R.14 already loaded, so I simply by-passed the problems associated with installation from CD by copying the directories off the other pc to a flash drive and then to my Vista pc, created a shortcut to the acad.exe on my Desktop and then followed the other steps concerning replacing the dll file as discussed in my earlier post. From looking at the other posts concerning this problem I do not remember seeing anything on a successful install on a 64bit system, but the same method may work as with the 32bit. Good luck!
Message 78 of 146
jambuch

Ed S. or Anyone:

How did you install your AutoCAD R14?

"I tried to install it from my distribution disk. When I do I get a message when I click on Setup. The message is The Version of this file is not compatable with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computers system information to see weather you need a x86(32bit) or x64(64bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher."

I have used clicked on setup and selected each of the windows types and get the same message.

I was wondering if you just copied the directory and all of the installed files from your old system and did not do a install form the program CD.

I am running Microsoft Vista Home Premium 64 bit Intell Dual Core Quad Processor.

Help Anyone

Thanks

Jim Buchanan
Message 79 of 146
Ed_S

My install was on a Vista 64bit Basic OS.
Message 80 of 146
jambuch

Ed:

Did you install forn the AutoCAD distribution CD?

I plan to copy the distribution CD to the hard drive and see if I can run it form there. I will post my results.

Thanks for your reply.

Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report