Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R14 & Windows Vista

145 REPLIES 145
Message 1 of 146
mateo d
38521 Views, 145 Replies

R14 & Windows Vista

Hello, Is it possible to run Release 14 on windows vista?
145 REPLIES 145
Message 21 of 146
DBarr
in reply to: mateo d

Thank you very much... I will give it a try and post my results later!!! I'm assuming that the .dll file you attached in your previous post is the one that worked with Vista?
Message 22 of 146
Ed_S

Yes, that's the .dll I am using that works with Vista. Good luck!
Message 23 of 146
dv0967

Thank you! this worked for my Autocad R14. Do you have any suggestions how I can install Autocad 2000 on Windows Vista???? thanks....
Message 24 of 146
kevinhodo

Did you ever get help with Autocad 2000?
I am in the same boat - trying to run Acad 2000 with Vista is turning into a never ending nightmare.
I am sure it is possible , but how many hoops do we need to jump through to make it work ? thanks for any info............
Message 25 of 146
jackshield

in okc as well
Message 26 of 146
BAKSPC

Thanks so much for posting this fix - it worked great for getting my beloved old LT 97 to open on the new Windows VISTA machine... 🙂
Message 27 of 146
DBarr

It worked great...finally had the time and oppertunity to try it.... Thank you. Message was edited by: DBarr
Message 28 of 146
Anonymous

Hi! I'd like to try what you did to install ACADR14 into a windows Vista environment but getting corrupted files when downloading your posted file. Please post again. Thanks.
Message 29 of 146
Ed_S

The previous attachment downloads fine for me, but give this one a try.

If you still have problems, maybe try using a different browser or computer.
Message 30 of 146
rpm

ninja wayne, your a god...

Thank you,

Spen...
Message 31 of 146

Hi thanx 4 the fix but dim style not working won't even open any ideas ??
Message 32 of 146

Hi all working now thanx
Message 33 of 146
nickrummy

Well after searching for a while I finally came across this thread and I'm REALLY hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm going to be upfront and when you guys start talking file extension and renaming and all this I don't follow. Here is my problem. The first part seems different compared to yours but in the end I do get the Smartheap problem.

While installing R14 I get this error about %98 through install.

"HP-7586B Kernel-mode print driver" something or another then
"OLE-ADI printer driver" something

It seems like it loads even though those errors come up but when I click to start the program I get this error first

"mem_cad_pointer" followed by
"smartheap error handler recursively re-entered"

So any ideas what to do? Can someone please email me at jnrumschlag@yahoo.com I really need to get this working. It's the whole reason I got this new machine....
Message 34 of 146
pramodkotwal

Ed
Following your method I am trying to get my R14 to work under Vista.
I was able to replace the dl file with the one you have provided.
The I was able to locate the acadaut.reg file in the "c:\program fies" folder and change the permission to full access including write.
Now I am looking for the "acad14.cfg" file but cannot locate it anywhere.
Can you suggest where I should look ?

After that I still need to run REGEDIT. How does one do that ?

I will really appreciate your help in getiing my R14 to work on my new machine under Vista.
Thanks,
Pramod
Message 35 of 146
Ed_S

It should be in the same folder as your files for R14, but do a search on your c: drive for *.cfg

To pull up REGEDIT, go to the Start menu (or whatever Vista calls it), click on "Run..." and type in regedit.
Message 36 of 146
aX3L

I have downloaded the sh3... file so i'm gonna try it as soon as possible. I really hope it works!!!
Message 37 of 146
Drlove

Can I run ACAD 14 on my new laptop ?
It has Vista Operating System installed on it.
Please Help !!!!

Harold
Message 38 of 146
mick1

I have bought a vista 32 bit H/P. I get a pointer error after I install Acad 14. I see the posting below and what to do to make it work, I have to find the SH31W32.dll file in the r14 folder. What do I rename it or get the backup and which .dll file works with vista? Can you give me some more exact instructions?
Message 39 of 146
Anton Vriends

I still have a Old Gp2106 Graphtec pen plotter and AutoCAD 14 is the one version to drive this Plotter
Can I install R14 on a laptop "ACER" with Windows Vista
Do I need additional information for that
Message 40 of 146
edge

Hi-
I used your fix- and autocad 14 seems to work fine...UNTIL I get a 'fatal error f5f952h'. any idea if this is the software or if my files themselves are corrupt?

I'd love some help- and soon!
Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report