cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12
dmatyas
1545 Views, 11 Replies

R13

I've been working with companies for several years now and my last purchase of AutoCAD was R13. I have been offered to work on some additional contract work but can't seem to locate my r13 CD. I have the installation diskette (yes, diskette) and ser. no., but no CD. I don't have a problem getting the latest version and I look forward to doing so, but I'm a bit financially challenged at the moment. How can I locate the R13 CD?

Just a question that could use some higher power solution.

Sincerely,

David M. Matyas
David M. Matyas
AutoCAD R9 - AutoDesk Architecural and Civil Desktops - SoftDESK Utils
Matyas COMP Services and Graphics
Lawrenceville, Georgia

WooHooooo I am a participant!!!!!!!
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: dmatyas

You don't.

Get a floppy disk drive instead:
http://www.nextag.com/3.5-disk-drive-external-floppy-usb/search-html

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 12
dmatyas

Ya' see, R13 came with both a installation disk (which I have) AND A CD that contained the program. So I'm not sure what your response of get a floppy drive is suggesting. But thanks anyway.
David M. Matyas
Lawrenceville, Georgia

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

You need a floppy disk drive to use the
installation disk. There is no 'copying it over', it does not work like that (a
copyright thing they figured out way back in the day).

So, either get a floppy disk drive or upgrade your
CAD: disk drive is cheaper.

Message 5 of 12
dmatyas

Maybe I'm not explaining myself very good, but first things first. I have a floppy disk drive. I have a floppy disk that contains the license information to install R13. You cannot install R13 without a valid license floppy installation diskette (i have). In addition to the install disk R13, came with a CD (i don't have). My problem is obtaining the CD with the program files.
David M. Matyas
Lawrenceville, Georgia

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

You cannot legally pick up an R13 CD anywhere.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 7 of 12
robertocb

I have a slightly similar problem. I have my personalization disk and the 2 CD's ready to go... all original stuff and the disk is also with autodesk sticker on it and all. But some how all data was lost on the disk so when I attempt to do the install all that happens is that Windows asks me if I would like to format the disk. so in a very real sense I have lost my disk! I have tried to recover anything on the disk but no success! I even had a guy send me a utility for checking the disk out but nothing!
Message 8 of 12
oliverkrystal

I also have managed to get ahold of autocad R13. No, I didn't download it from a warez site. The cd didn't come with a floppy. I've managed to get it to install, but now whenever I try to run it, I get the serial error, "sequence error reading initial allocation list" I'm running it on windows 98, but I also get the error when I try it on a Windows NT4 virtual Machine. Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Message 9 of 12
Randy_Culp
in reply to: oliverkrystal

Your issue is the floppy is a copy of the original and can not be used for installation. So much for "managed to get hold of"
Message 10 of 12
Randy_Culp
in reply to: robertocb

Without that disk, you're out of luck.
Message 11 of 12
crobook

I have an R13 CD that was given to me when I worked at Autodesk in 1993-94 on the R13 project. I wrote a significant portion of the R13 documentation.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out here.

Rob

Message 12 of 12
crobook

David,

I have the CD and need the diskette. (I misplaced mine when I left Autodesk in 1994).

Rob

crobook at gmail dot com.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report