AutoCAD R12/R13/R14 Archive

AutoCAD R12/R13/R14 Archive

NonAutoCADUser
Message 1 of 4 (534 Views)

Moving currently running instance of R13 to Windows 95 VM.

534 Views, 3 Replies
09-12-2012 11:51 AM

Hello everyone.  There is a long story and there is a short story.  :-)  Here is the short story version.  

My client has an instance of R13 on his Windows 95 system and CDs are corrupted and no other CDs around with R13. I have copied over the installed directories from the physical 95 system to the Windows 95 VM I created and encounter some errors and I need a clean running instance, just like it running on the current box.  My Win 95 VM instance runs flawlessly.  I am only having issues with the R13 folders that I simply copied over.  Could someone help me identify the solution(s) with the errors I'm running into?

Thanks.

craig

Contributor
DavidBethel
Message 2 of 4 (532 Views)

Re: Moving currently running instance of R13 to Windows 95 VM.

09-12-2012 12:05 PM in reply to: NonAutoCADUser

You're probably missing some dll files from the orginal Windows/System directory

Are getting any error message such as 'Missing MS......DLL'

Video and mouse drivers can also be a pain with Virtual Machines

-David

NonAutoCADUser
Message 3 of 4 (525 Views)

09-12-2012 02:52 PM in reply to: DavidBethel

Hello David.  Thanks for responding so fast.

No, I'm not getting any missing .dll pop ups.  I grabbed some screen shots of the error happening.  I'm attached an Errors.pdf file.

Thanks for your help.

craig

Contributor
DavidBethel
Message 4 of 4 (516 Views)

09-13-2012 04:39 AM in reply to: NonAutoCADUser

Have you or can run _.config ?

Or, run acad.exe -r from the command line.

My guess is that the configio error is either video or keboard / pointer invalid configurations.  -David

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.