Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
micamica
3124 Views, 6 Replies

HOW TOGET R14 ?

Hi !

When I was student I learned Autocad in the begining of 1990. Now I work with the 2006 version. The initial R14 version I do not have anymore, however I woud like to get te R14 again, just to remember the the old good times...

Anyone can advise where I can get the R14 version ? 

Regards

Mike

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: micamica

Wasn't R14 more like 1999? Are you looking to spend money? From what I've been told, you can't legally use the license from exisitng software unless it came with the company you bought. Perhaps you should be looking into the occasional special pricing on LT on this site, or for more of a "2004-feel" you may want to check out Progecad...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 7
turtleman

I don't understand the problem. If AutoDesk still owns the rights to R14 and you are willing to pay them for it then it should be a legal transaction. I don't want something for free. I just want something I can afford. Plus I am retired. I'm not in this for a job. I just need a reliable cad software to draw up plans for some home imporvements. I don't want any of these illegal copies you find all over the internet. I just want a legal copy from the legal owner, AutoDesk. Why is that so hard to understand?

Message 4 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: turtleman

@turtleman wrote:

I just need a reliable cad software to draw up plans for some home imporvements.

Sounds like commercial use to me (even if you are your only customer).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
turtleman

You're probably right. Which would make me a legitimate customer since I want to buy a legal copy, not one of these stolen or hacked copies off the internet. And since I'm not in the industry any more and I don't feel like learning a new version I was looking for the version I was most comfortable with. I refuse to be treated like a thief like everyone thinks when someone asks for older software. I've never done anything but offer to pay what's fair. And yet the hate filled responses to my posts just amaze me a
Message 6 of 7
pendean

"....Now I work with the 2006 version..."

"...just to remember the the old good times..."

Ha! that's a new one 🙂

"... to draw up plans for some home imporvements...."

There are many legit free dwg compatible software out there, go grab one or three and use them: to me, they are very R14-R2000-R2004 like and would work for you.

Your post is "funky", especially when you add that you are willing to pay for a dead product for casual personal use: really? if you got money to burn I'm sure the authors of the free CAD software you find will gladly take a contribution, go that route. Or hop on eBay and make someone else rich, maybe someone that wants a cashier's check up front sent to mailbox in Hong Kong 🙂

Message 7 of 7
dmreyes

I have R14 in my CD I want it to install in my Window7 computer , how can I do it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums