Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR: Heap error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Dani S
2067 Views, 1 Reply

FATAL ERROR: Heap error

R14 was working fine and then i went to open it and it came up with a message saying:

"This version of autocad was not installed properly. You should reinstall autocad immediately." and then after pressing ok it said "FATAL ERROR: Heap error".

From reading other posts it says that a heap error is to do wth the amount of free space on the computers local hard drive. So i assume if i free up some space it should fix the problem? Does anyone know if this is right?

Does anyone know why this would happen all of a sudden? The computer wasn't even turned off or logged off inbetween autocad working and then not working. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
coosbaylumberco
in reply to: Dani S

I get a similar message about once per month on R-12 whenever I have lottsa XREF's in one drawing. Quite possibly I often have one XREF'd drawing, which includes one or two more whithin that. Then find that one of the sub-sub drawings has a problem in it. Possibly a reference to another drawing already in the biggie parent drawing, creating a circular reference.

If I do a simple PURGE to the sub file it often clears it up. On occasion I have to go into recovery mode. But this problem is only because I tend to XREF in quite a few separate ones into the final drawing. If you are not, it may not be same thing.

It will sometimes kick me out time after time, until the bad drawing is located.

Wm.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report