AutoCAD R12/R13/R14 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading problems for 3rd party hatch patterns.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
kenrmer
2366 Views, 22 Replies

Downloading problems for 3rd party hatch patterns.

Tried downloading hatch patterns from the Culture Stone website. The file path is supposed to go to the AutoCAD support folder. I cannot find a support folder even when I do a full computer search (including hidden files and folders). The only "pat" files I find are in the AutoCAD folder and the files (aclt.pat) are 12 kb in size besides the culture stone pattern files. I tried looking for the hatch pattern names (such as ANSI31) that came with the original program in the AutoCAD folder via full computer search with no success. When I tried downloading the Culture Stone patterns it sends them to the AutoCAD program folder individually. When I go to the Boundary Hatch (bhatch command) pop-up nothing shows up in the PATTERNS box besides the predefined hatch patterns, I looked in predefined, user-defined and custom with no success.

Tried also looking for an AutoCAD support folder based upon a full computer search...no luck.

I opened up the original download disk for AutoCAD LT 98 and no support folder was found and again the only pat file was aclt.pat being 12 kb in size.

What am I missing?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Patchy
in reply to: kenrmer

Because you have LT so your aclt.pat instead of acad.pat and no Support Folder is in LT

if you open this .pat with word program you would see the code for pattern.

May be open your stone.pat then copy the code over to aclt.pat and see if it will work.

MAKE A COPY OF THIS FILE FIRST (in case you need to restore it)

Message 3 of 23
kenrmer
in reply to: Patchy

Yes, I opened the aclt.pat file with notepad and yes the text code is there for the default hatch patterns. I made a copy of the aclt.pat file and tried installing (drag and click) one of the Culture Stone hatch patterns into the "aclt.pat copy" file. The info shows it being copied. I click "save" and close the aclt.pat copy file. When I reopen it, the Culture Stone hatch pattern is missing.

Message 4 of 23
Modman_4

In full version you would create your own support folder using Explorer (Windows program). Then in AutoCAD, under OPTIONS (files tab), you can add an additional Support File Search Path to the existing list.

Then when you go to place a hatch you'd choose Custom (as opposed to predefined); then where it says Custom Pattern you'd choose from that list. This all assumes that each custom pattern is a separate .pat file and is located in the support folder you created.

I believe this works for LT as well. This is the standard practice, and it is never a good idea to alter the main .pat file (it can become bloated and unweildy). Each custom pattern should be in its own .pat file, and should be named something sensible. There are specific rules such as how the first line within the file itself should match the file name, and how there needs to be a blank line at the end of the file "code" (which actually can be created in Notepad), so search these forums for similar posts in order to get the details. Also, hit F1 and read up in the online help. Good luck!

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 5 of 23
Patchy
in reply to: Modman_4

"and it is never a good idea to alter the main .pat file"

Smiley Very Happy  40 additional patterns added to acad.pat and have NEVER seen a thing wrong with it.

Have it your way at Burger King.

Message 6 of 23
kenrmer

Ok, making some progress. Have made backup copy of aclt.pat file. Opened up aclt.pat with notepad. Opened up Culture Stone cs_drystack pat file with notepad. Copy/pasted FULL cs_drystack text into aclt.pat file after last line of predefined text. The pasted text starts with *cs_drystack, drystack ledgestone followed by all the coordinate numbers for all the associated lines. Saved and closed aclt.pat file. Original file read 12 kb. It now reads 40kb. So it took the cs-drystack text. Rebooted everything. Opened a dwg file been working on in AutoCad LT98. Went to Bhatch command. Looked in predefined, user-defined and custom for sc_drystack hatch pattern...nothing. Typed in pattern name in custom category...nothing.

I think I'm getting closer...but not there yet.

Message 7 of 23
kenrmer

Unlike full blown AutoCAD, on my LT98 there is no "OPTIONS"  pull down tab at the top.

Message 8 of 23
Patchy

Post them here ( change .pat to .txt or it may not upload )

Message 9 of 23
pendean

There is no problem adding anything to any of the core files: load them up at will.... until the day you 'repair' or reinstall or Upgrade and Oops, there goes your file(s). Sure you have a backup and you can restore, pecking through obscure folders, trying to remember what goes where etc. but Customization Regulars prefer to take control and keep those safely stored in a seaprate folder AutoCAD never touches but just reads.

Own it, or be a slave to it: neither way is wrong, it's just a lifestyle choice 🙂

Message 10 of 23
Patchy
in reply to: pendean

Who doesn't back up regularly?

Every files you customized Autodesk has it in Support Folder. Confusion is for you, not for me.

Message 11 of 23
Patchy

Keep them separate, right on Man Wink, why do people edit the acad.pgp ?

Message 12 of 23
Modman_4

OP what happens if you type OPTIONS on the command line?

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 13 of 23
pendean

>>>...Who doesn't back up regularly?...<<<

Good one 🙂

Message 14 of 23
pendean

If the program offered another choice it would be used instead: you can't fancy-talk out of this, there is no correct or wrong way, just better ways and harder ways of doing things.

Message 15 of 23
Patchy

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 23
kenrmer

With ACLT 98 when typing "OPTIONS" on the command line, reply is "UNKNOWN COMMAND"`.

Message 17 of 23
kenrmer

Patchy, as requested here is an attachment with the Culture Stone Drystack hatch pattern installed in the Bhatch file. Saved it as a txt file. The cs_drystack is loaded after the last predefined hatch pattern ZIGZAG. Remember, I'm running ACLT98. I tried typing "options' in the command line and the response is "Command Not Found". When I go to Bhatch from the pull down tab I get the predefined patterns only, nothing in user-defined nor custom. When I click on custom, the custom pattern box becomes active with the last used predefined default pattern name still visible but....greyed out in the box just above. When I type in "cs_drystack"  into the custom box, the response is "unknown pattern name".

Message 18 of 23
Patchy

Everything looks good, except you forgot to put a ; (semicolon) at the last line of the file.

Just put one ;  by itslef and it should work

Like this:

45,34.826,21.8,27.0910285542,27.0910285542,0.54182,-53.6402371084
135,4.5592,23.715,27.0910285542,27.0910285542,0.54182,-53.6402371084
45,27.968,30.995,27.0910285542,27.0910285542,0.54182,-53.6402371084
0,27.547,1.4942,0,38.3125,1.9539,-36.3586
;

Message 19 of 23
kenrmer

Ok, added the semi-colon after the last line. Saved it, closed down, rebooted, reopened a dwg file, and...nothing changed. Rechcecked the aclt.pat file and the semi-colon is still there. No cs_drystack hatch pattern. Nothing in the custom category, nor predefined nor user-defined. Tried typing in "cs_drystack" in the custom pattern...reply is "no known pattern".

I even took out the space between the last predefined hatch pattern and the cs_drystack hatch pattern...no change.

This is the only copy of the AutoCAD LT98 on this computer, so it can't be due to multiple  programs.

I signed up with Culture Stone support last Friday. Still waiitng for administrator approval to sign in. Maybe they have an answer.

Message 20 of 23
Patchy

Do this for me, at the command line type in:

(findfile "aclt.pat")           with the brackets like that, what does it prompt after you hit enter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report