AutoCAD R12/R13/R14 Archive

AutoCAD R12/R13/R14 Archive

larrynoll
Message 1 of 4 (465 Views)

Can't see line until I move the drawing

465 Views, 3 Replies
06-28-2000 08:43 AM
I installed a Diamond Viper 330 video card; now when I draw a line in AutoCAD I can't see it until I move the drawing. HELP!
*Furman, Paul
Message 2 of 4 (465 Views)

Re: Can't see line until I move the drawing

06-28-2000 01:03 PM in reply to: larrynoll
You can try their website for a newer driver??? We've had to do that with our old Diamond card.

larrynoll wrote:

> I installed a Diamond Viper 330 video card; now when I draw a line in AutoCAD I can't see it until I move the drawing. HELP!
Contributor
rmccamon
Message 3 of 4 (465 Views)

07-06-2000 04:23 PM in reply to: larrynoll
acad likes some video cards to be set to 256 colours. if the updated driver does not help try the 256 colour mode.
Valued Contributor
aksha
Message 4 of 4 (424 Views)

09-26-2012 02:58 PM in reply to: larrynoll

After the 2012 update of CADWorx, one of my designers failed to see the temporary line that AutoCAD draws before completion of the command. I tried suggestions from different discussion forums but nothing worked. Since the lines (or circles or arcs) were being drawn to the correct colors, I thought that the temporary line must be the same color as the background. I changed the color of background and the temporary lines started appearing. With some trials and errors, I managed to find that it is controlled by 'Dynamic Dimension Lines'. Hope this helps somebody!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.