Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD R14-Problem with fillet command

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bjvirovatz
1057 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD R14-Problem with fillet command

My computer crashed and I had to reload AutoCAD R14.01. Now, when I use the fillet command and change the radius, instead of prompting me to select objects it returns to the command prompt. Here is exactly how I type this in and the response:

Command: fillet
(TRIM mode) Current fillet radius = 15.0000
Polyline/Radius/Trim/
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Modman_4
in reply to: bjvirovatz

You can hit enter and the command repeats, so you can then select the lines for filleting, yesno?

Assuming it used to stay in the command instead of returning to the command line, I would suspect a system variable OR something in a registry value has changed. Have you recently used a registry cleaner other than the windows one? Or have you recently installed or updated a Norton (Symantec) product?
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 3 of 4
bjvirovatz

Hmmm...when my computer crashed due to a virus I reformatted the drive and reloaded everything. The only difference is now my internet provider is requiring me to use Symantic which they offer free. I was using McAfee, which they also supplied when I signed up. That's the only difference. I don't see what the virus software would have to do with AutoCAD commands. Do you have any ideas? My final option is to uninstall AutoCAD and then reinstall, but I don't want to give up yet. That would mean recreating all my menus...blaahhhh.
Message 4 of 4
bjvirovatz

I found a post from ten years ago from someone that had the same problem. Someone responded saying to try this:

(command "_.undefine" "fillet")
(defun c:fillet (/ r)
(initget 128 "Radius")
(setq r (getpoint (strcat "\nFirst Object [Radius <"filletrad")) ">]: ")))
(if (= r "Radius")
(progn
(setq r (getdist "\nRadius: "))
(command "_.fillet" "_r" r "_.fillet"))
(command "_.fillet" r))
(princ)
)

Ok, that's fine and dandy for an autocad user, but I have no idea what this is or what to do with this. Help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report