Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 14 Windows 7

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
lpeahl
39552 Views, 15 Replies

Autocad 14 Windows 7

Have been runing 14 on KP with no problems. Can'trun it on Windows (tried on two different machines) because of stack error. I have 2gb RAM. Is this a compatability problem with Windows 7?
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: lpeahl

Win7Pro 32bit only (note the Pro version), and use the XP compatibility
mode.

2Gig RAM is inadequate for Win7, 4G minimum. Stay with XP if that's all you
got.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 16
4retsel

Dean, I am not sure about your recommendation, I believe that the Pro version is 64bit but the std version does not have the "XP" mode. Can you elaborate please.

best regards,

Restel
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

huh?
PRO and Ultimate have "XP mode" option, Home/Starter versions do not:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Except for Win7STARTER version (only comes in 32bit), the other FOUR
versions of Win7 are available in 32bit and 64bit.

If the OP only has 2Gig installed, the OP's PC is most likely not equipped
with 64-bit hardware or a motherboard capable of 6Gig or 8Gig RAM, so
installing Win7 is a waste of money if they are already running XP.

And we are still talking about R14 here.

--
Dean Saadallah
--
Message 5 of 16
4retsel

Dean thanks for the explanation. I was getting the Windows info from the Dell laptop configuration page and it did not specify 32 or 64 for the versions. I am torn here because I would like to get a new laptop and take advantage of the 64 tech but I can not afford a compatible version of ACAD.

best regards,

Retsel
Message 6 of 16
RegArchi

Hi Dean
I am wanting to upgrage from XP professional to Windows7-ultimate. I have 4 gig ram on board.
Is all going to be OK? I know that i will need to download the XP mode (virtual PC) scenario!
It's just that i am a little nervous as i really depend on my long time use of Autocad Release 14.
Thanks!
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

If you want a guarantee or assurances, buy AutoCAD 2010 or don't change
anything.

--
Dean Saadallah
--
Message 8 of 16
Gliderbill

I have a dwg that will not allow me to change the line type no matter what I do. Have not had this problem before. When I try to load a "continuous" line, every line I draw becomes a hidden line. What must I do?
Thanks for any help!
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

CELTYPE
BYLAYER

Paul

wrote in message news:6311311@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have a dwg that will not allow me to change the line type no matter what I
do. Have not had this problem before. When I try to load a "continuous"
line, every line I draw becomes a hidden line. What must I do?
Thanks for any help!
Message 10 of 16
dbrixey

I have been running Autocad 14 for years but I just got a new laptop and there is no place to put the hardware lock!

is there anything that I can do?

Tags (3)
Message 11 of 16
smogzilla

I'm trying to install Autocad r14 on my windows 7 machine and it just doesn't want to load. I downloaded Windows 7 XP mode on my machine and Autocad r14 still won't install. What do I do? I love my Autocad r14. I have Autocad LT 2010, but it doesn't use my lisps I have on r14.

Message 12 of 16
chdalm
in reply to: smogzilla

Hello everybody, I am from Brazil, and I would like to help your support to install autocad R14 on my machine.

I have the Windows 7 Home 32  bits, 3 Gb. I managed to install the autocad R14, but when I try to open it, the message always appear: "Mem Bad Pointer Erro".

Message 13 of 16
chrissi_410
in reply to: chdalm

I am a German. Sorry, my English ist very bad...

You must chance in a other Threat!!! Look here: "R14 & Windows Vista" , your problem is the same!

In this Threat look to the message #123 or #114 or  #29 or #18, you will find a *.zip- or *.dll Datei.

1)such in your Computer in C:\Programme\AutoCad14 the Datei with name SH31W32.dll and delete them.

2)Take the *.dll from Post #18 or #29 or #114 or #123 and put into  C:\Programme\AutoCad14 !

3)Start your AutoCad14! That's all!

Greetings from Munich/Germany Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
KJPKELLY

I am planning to purchase a new desktop and would like 64 bit Windows 7 Professional to take advantage of the additional RAM available with this OS. My problem is that I would also like to run Autocad R14 on this machine, due primarily to the large number of lisp routines which I have acquired over the years to aid in the preparation of Architectural Construction Drawings. I have a very small business, and cannot at this time afford to purchase a current version of Autocad.

I have read as much as I can find on the subject, and it seems that I will be required to run R14 in XP Mode, which can be downloaded from Microsoft.

My first question is whether there will be a noticeable difference in the speed of the program in XP Mode if my work is restricted to 2D, and the second question is whether XP Mode will allow me to run peripherals (specifically a HP Designjet 600 plotter) which are not supported in Windows 7 but which are supported in 32 bit XP.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

P.S. This message is intended for Dean Saadallah, but was an inadvertent reply to another Party.

Message 15 of 16
pendean
in reply to: KJPKELLY

I have no experience running R14 and older plotter drivers in WinXP mode in Win7, but many excellent R14 users around here seem to have figured it out. Try a quick search.

And although this relates to R2002, it might be of use to you:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2000-2000i-2002-Archive/Solved-AutoCAD-2002-Mechanical-Desktop...

Many folks have luck with Vista or XP 64bit drivers in Win7.

Does R14 have a built-in driver for the HP600/650/700, through the PLOTTERMANAGER command? That would be the way to go for a driver. Trick then becomes figuring out what port to use as most new computers don't come with or have room for an LPT1 port.

Message 16 of 16
mclary

My desktop that had AutoCad 14 on it died and my new laptop that I bought to replace the desktop came with Windows 7 on it.  I tired to load AutoCad 14 on the new laptop and got the message that 14 won't work with 7.  i've got a lot of files tied up that i can't get to.  What do i do now?  Help!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report