AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref-I do not understand ???

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
milic.srdjan
814 Views, 2 Replies

Xref-I do not understand ???

Halo to all...

.....I do not understand this XREFs...Why We use XREF in our drawings, because We can not connect pipes in one XREF to pipes in another XREF...

It is not possible to produce ISO drawings of this Pipe Line type, that goes across 2 or more XREF....

as example : If We have one drawing with old pipe lines (as existing situation) and We wish to connect new pipe lines (that We make in another drawing - and put as XREF in first one) is it not POSSIBLE, or I am doing something wrong...

This is most stupid and annoying  thing ...

Srdjan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bogdanov.y
in reply to: milic.srdjan

I don't understand which problem do you have. The Xref is the solution for posibility to work many peple in the same project, for example one work in structure, another in equipment, and other in piping. If you go to work in the same file in this case only work you, because other people couldn't modificate the same file which you use.

The plant3D perfectly adapted to work with Xref. Look this image:

2.jpg

1.jpg

Message 3 of 3
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: milic.srdjan

workflow:

1 create a file with a pipe in it and save.

2. create new file. add file created at step 1. as an xref-overlay.

3. in file created at step 2. you can start routing a pipe from the end of the pipe created in step 1.

you will need to use either the endpoint or node snap to connect to the xrefed pipe.(the plus symbol wont be there for the end of the xref pipe.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost