AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Dimensions - Threaded Fittings - ASME B16.11

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Gabriel.N
1130 Views, 5 Replies

Wrong Dimensions - Threaded Fittings - ASME B16.11

The dimensions of the threaded fittings are not in accordance with ASME B16.11.

Example: Engagement Length.

Check the annex printscreen.

Att.

Gabriel Nogueira.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Gabriel.N

Can you show the section from ASME that lists the wrong dimensions?
Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 6
Gabriel.N

Tanks for reply.

Check ASME B16.11 Appendix 1 Table I2 dimension B, the image annex has this reference.

That is just one of others.
Message 4 of 6
Ahmed1081975

HI,

The dimension of threaded can be change from vendor to another , so duplicate the item in catalog and change the dimension you want

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 5 of 6
dave.wolfe

I don't have a copy of ASME standards. I've always been told by pipers that threaded engagements aren't really standard, but that companies, vendors and even people thread pipe with different engagements.  Every CAD package I've seen has their own thread engagements, so most people accept them, and make notes on the drawings if necessary.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 6 of 6
Gabriel.N
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Yes, it is true that the practical point of view the implications of this and other minor differences entries can be considered despicable. In this specific case in a diameter of 1½", the cut pipe size difference summing both sides is 0.3" (8 mm).

Actually more about the assembler will do on the field than the Fitting itself, because the thread follows the ASME B1.20.1 (NPT), and the thread fitting is deeper than the used thread.

Nevertheless I understand if there is a clear and specific normative reference about it, it must be followed.

At a quick glance, comparing the references, I found other differences that may be more significant.

Right now I do not have much time to demonstrate all these differences, but I will do it soon.

Thank you all for reply.

Att.

Gabriel Nogueira.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost