AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Bolt Length when connecting to flanged nozzle

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
followsea
552 Views, 2 Replies

Wrong Bolt Length when connecting to flanged nozzle

When connecting to flanged nozzle of an equipment that converted from autocad objects/blocks, P3D does not give bolt length correctly.

Compare following  2 examples:

1. If the quipment is created from Plant 3d parametric shapes, the bolt length is correct( P3D recalculated the bolt length  according to each "Flange Thickness" value).

无标题.png

2. If the equipment is converted from Autocad objects/blocks, the bolt length is NOT correct( P3D does not recalculated the bolt length  according to each "Flange Thickness" value. The bolt length remains the value in catalogue).

无标题2.png

This problem has bothered me and our company for a long time. So many boltsets  in the BOM must be modified by hand! 

Is it a bug? 

PS: Searched the forum, I found that the same issue was posted more than a year ago, but no reply. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Bolt-length-on-Equipment-Flanged-Nozzle-Issue/m-p/357...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dave.wolfe
in reply to: followsea

Last I checked the bolt length calcs still need some work done on them. Autodesk is aware of the issue.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 3
kfm.yong
in reply to: followsea

I have the same problem now, any new updates?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost