AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

199 REPLIES 199
Message 1 of 200
ybogdanov
13548 Views, 199 Replies

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

I turn to say the same like in the previous wish lists, and I hope that the developer team will help:

- Cable Trays for Plant 3D! It's imposible to design Industry Plant without this component.

- Better Ortho generation: auto dimensions, auto anotation, view hide pipes,...

- Any basic civil modelation (e.g. walls in 3D with special hatch pattern in ortho)

- Better structural modelation (the same like in Structural Detailing)

- Better P&ID integration on 3D, e.g. equipment list P&ID in 3D for insert it

Those functions now exist in AutoCAD MEP and Structural Detailing, I think that it will be good solution to integrate the same in Plant3D and convert it in the best Plant software. Because the integration between ASD, Plant3D and MEP it's not good, is not posible have all objects in the same database. It will be better,  to have all Plant solutions in the same softare and in the same database, where with one changing workspace you can design: structural, cable trays, pipes, civil, and after this generate ortho views with all details automatically, generate list of material,... 

For Plant Design Suite:

- Add in ultimate suite the Robot for calculation of structure (the same like in building design suite 2013)

With those changes the Plant3D will accelerate it integration in industry, and in few time will be the best and more usefull.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
199 REPLIES 199
Message 2 of 200
krisharun84
in reply to: ybogdanov

Also, the P&ID should be more intelligent.

As of now, we are facing the following problem in P&ID:

1. It is not directly reading the specification created. While generating the valve schedule, the class rating of the valves should take it from the specification.

2. The valve numbering should be automatically altered if any of the valves are deleted.

Message 3 of 200
dgorsman

There are a few problems with trying to integrate different programs together.  For starters putting both together will result in a much larger program making it slower, more difficult to debug, and adding design processes that aren't necessarily good for each discipline (piping design and structural design are different, even if the finished products need to work together).  The development requirements are much the same as creating the original stand-alone software plus the interaction ability.  I'd rather the budget for Plant be spent on activities making Plant a better *piping* product, while the MEP/Revit Structural budget be spent making a better *structural* product, and the two teams work together to better coordinate the ability to reference one type into the other.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 200
dennis
in reply to: dgorsman

Plant3D and Showcase direct intergration in the suites.  There is a workflow workaround that I dislike greatly in the suites.  You cannot take a Plant3D model directly into Showcase, but first you must EXPORTTOAUTOCAD to get the Plant3D objects 'butsted' down to generic AutoCAD objects.  I would like to see native support directly between these two products rather than the workaround.

Message 5 of 200
ybogdanov

- "Delete" botton in the Data Manager for better manage of database.

- Calculation properties of the objects, and concatenate properties...the same like in Report Creator

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 6 of 200
dave.wolfe

The command PLANTDEFINECALCULATEDPROPERTIES is for combining fields to create concatenated properties. 

It has some limitations, but it can help get through some of the issues you mentioned.  I need to do a blog article on how to use it.  The biggest limitation is that you can't include the Size field in the calculated property.

Hopefully, as more people use it, we can get them to expand the functionality some.  Wouldn't it be cool if you could build a .Net plugin to tie into a calculated property?!

Sky is the limit.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 7 of 200
ybogdanov

- Insulation and graiting of Plant3D in Navisworks without using the command NWCOUT

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 8 of 200
dgorsman
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Nominated for longest. command name.  EVER.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 9 of 200
dave.wolfe
in reply to: dgorsman

IM_SURPRISED_THEY_HAVENT_STARTED_USING_UNDERSCORES.  🙂

I did give the wrong command name.  It's actually a little shorter: PLANTDEFINECALCPROPERTIES

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 10 of 200
ybogdanov

- Circular railing for top of tanks. (now is only can use line, but not another forms)

- Nozzle spec, for insert new nozzles in custom equipment.

- Link data base od P&ID with data base 3D, for update properties in all directions. For example, changing the TAG of valve in P&ID, update the attached 3D valve automaticly.

- Attach P&ID objects with 3D objects, and when change for example "Normaly" propertie of valve to NC in P&ID, in 3D the actuator changing the direction.

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 11 of 200
ybogdanov

- Create instruments in Spec Editor (the instrument Type is not avaibale for new components). 

- Any aplication for control all symbols (blocks) in the project. For substitute the parametric simbols to custom simbols in the final part of project. For create better presentation in Navisworks.

- Automatic representation of insulation in isos of pipes.

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 12 of 200
3dtayo

Vault integration please.

Message 13 of 200
ybogdanov
in reply to: 3dtayo

- using metric units in metric project when is defined dimensions for custom imerial parts. - change height of rows in iso table. When is insert some column for "class/pn" this column is convert in doble row because the name of property is too but is necesarry to do that the height of row is couldn't depen of name of property, because t'he most important is value.
Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 14 of 200
Jorgen1990

I wish a better overall performance (less unexplainable errors). 2013 is already much better than 2012 was, but still some things are bad. For example, I regulary experience pipelines losing the data they have in Properties panel (Size, spec, material and so on) and their functionality (can't continue routing, can't insert components, can't lengthen). This is really annoying error. Sometimes a save and autocad restart helps, bus sometimes I just have to re-draw the whole pipeline. And I have run the "recover" on drawing.

I added an explanatory screenshot to make it clear what I mean.

Jörgen

Message 15 of 200
ybogdanov
in reply to: Jorgen1990

Jorgen1990 escribió:

I wish a better overall performance (less unexplainable errors). 2013 is already much better than 2012 was, but still some things are bad. For example, I regulary experience pipelines losing the data they have in Properties panel (Size, spec, material and so on) and their functionality (can't continue routing, can't insert components, can't lengthen). This is really annoying error. Sometimes a save and autocad restart helps, bus sometimes I just have to re-draw the whole pipeline. And I have run the "recover" on drawing.

I added an explanatory screenshot to make it clear what I mean.

Jörgen

Don't use recover option in Plant3D because is posible to lose link with database (in same objects of the drawing).

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 16 of 200
Jorgen1990

Thanks for the advice! But the problem occured BEFORE I ran the "recover" on drawing, so this can't be the reason... and also, sometimes when I want to open a dwg in Plant 3D, the programs tells me there are errors in dwg and I have to recover before I can open the dwg.

sorry for the offtopic!

Jörgen

Message 17 of 200
Jorgen1990

Also a wish for Plant 3D 2014: "Quick ortho" command for testing ortho creation (so that program doesn't add the ortho dwg into the Project Manager, similiarily to Quick Iso).

Message 18 of 200
PeterQuinn
in reply to: Jorgen1990

Quick ortho. That's an interesting idea.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 19 of 200
dave.wolfe
in reply to: PeterQuinn

I'm sure Jorgen meant to add that he wanted more features available for configuring orthos before a quick ortho was developed...right?

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 20 of 200
ybogdanov
in reply to: dave.wolfe

The ortho now is the alhilles heel of Plant3D. There are many futures wich is posible to copy from AutoCAD MEP. Because it's just what need our customers.

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost