AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

199 REPLIES 199
Message 1 of 200
ybogdanov
13534 Views, 199 Replies

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

I turn to say the same like in the previous wish lists, and I hope that the developer team will help:

- Cable Trays for Plant 3D! It's imposible to design Industry Plant without this component.

- Better Ortho generation: auto dimensions, auto anotation, view hide pipes,...

- Any basic civil modelation (e.g. walls in 3D with special hatch pattern in ortho)

- Better structural modelation (the same like in Structural Detailing)

- Better P&ID integration on 3D, e.g. equipment list P&ID in 3D for insert it

Those functions now exist in AutoCAD MEP and Structural Detailing, I think that it will be good solution to integrate the same in Plant3D and convert it in the best Plant software. Because the integration between ASD, Plant3D and MEP it's not good, is not posible have all objects in the same database. It will be better,  to have all Plant solutions in the same softare and in the same database, where with one changing workspace you can design: structural, cable trays, pipes, civil, and after this generate ortho views with all details automatically, generate list of material,... 

For Plant Design Suite:

- Add in ultimate suite the Robot for calculation of structure (the same like in building design suite 2013)

With those changes the Plant3D will accelerate it integration in industry, and in few time will be the best and more usefull.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
199 REPLIES 199
Message 121 of 200
3Ddunk
in reply to: l_tony

An easy way to change piping specs :- Spec 123 convert to new Spec ABC.

Message 122 of 200
PeterQuinn
in reply to: ashley.walker

A couple of suggestions. You can select multiple line numbers to generate at once. I'm pretty sure once you have the PCF files, it uses all your cpu cores to generate isos. So, in that sense it is multi-threaded.

Also, there is a command line interface to the isometric engine. It's not that difficult to write a script in your favorite scripting language that will poll a folder for PCF files and then kick off generating the isos using the command line interface.  This might also make it more efficient for you to export PCFs and not wait for the isos to be produced.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 123 of 200
ashley.walker
in reply to: PeterQuinn

At the moment it does batch operations and not single piece flow, the part of the whole 'generate iso' that takes the longest is producing the PCF files (takes about minute to produce a single PCF). Only after all the PCF files have been generated does the process automatically start to produce the ISO's (.dwgs and spread sheets for the BOM and Weld List) and I can confirm that this process is multi threaded (After the PCF's have been generated).

If we use a script to start generating the ISO's from the PCF files, will they appear in the "Isometric DWG" tab in the project manager?

Message 124 of 200
Proccie
in reply to: ybogdanov

Couple of suggestions (Apologies if they have been brought up already)

• Add another field in the catalogue editor for Matching Pipe ID, for the connection of certain types of lined piping.
  • In connection settings, make it possible to un-tick Nominal Diameter as a matching property when creating a compound joint.
  • Customize (and save) report formats for 3D items (Project reports within P3D, currently only works with PID items)
  • When creating custom size pipe in Catalog Editor, in Metric measurements, if it is not a size already in the package, it automatically places a suffix of "mm" eg. HDPE pipe gets a 110 size, will show up as "110mm"

Looking forward to seeing what's available in the future.

Message 125 of 200
shallmark

I wrote my own Python script for circular railing for tops of tanks and added it to the supports spec.  image attached.

Autodesk© Inventor© 2013 Certified Professional
My Plant 3D Notes
ActsOneEight
Message 126 of 200
Gabriel.N
in reply to: shallmark

Hey, where did you redered it? Showcase?

Did you have to assign new textures on showcase?

Is it GlassSteel pipe?

Message 127 of 200
shallmark
in reply to: Gabriel.N

Rendered in showcase. I assigned new materials in showcase.

--Scott Hallmark

Autodesk© Inventor© 2013 Certified Professional
My Plant 3D Notes
ActsOneEight
Message 128 of 200
jhamilton

Make the project work more like Project Navigator and include Sheetsets.

Incorporate for alot more variables in Isometric settings.

Message 129 of 200
Ahmed1081975
in reply to: jhamilton

Can you please clarify your issue

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 130 of 200
PatrickByrne
in reply to: Ahmed1081975

It would be good to have the same number of variables as Isogen has so we could get the same results.

Message 131 of 200
PatrickByrne
in reply to: PatrickByrne

I have said this before, I just want to emphasize that it is important to be able to change the facing and the end type in the Spec.

At the moment you can only change this in the catalog which means you can’t use the same item with different end types. We are also looking at adding item codes to all line items so this separation is important.

I am looking forward to testing plant 3D 2014 to see if it meets our needs.

Message 132 of 200
dennis

I would like to see a fix to the: whte screen "Not Responsive" pause/lockup that happens when you pick on the app too quickly while it is still "thinking".

Message 133 of 200

How about to have a Plant Breakdown Structure Manager that cover

• Units -> Areas -> Systems
  • Units -> Areas -> Buildings
  • Units -> Areas -> Racks -> Modulos
  • WorkPackages
Message 134 of 200
emaenda

Please please see how you can add PN16 equipment and instrumentation spec there man...I hate that I have to look for 3D models for expansion joints,steam traps,stop valves,6inch flanges and many others plant 3D doesnt have..
I also need to see better improvements in the P&ID symbology..We need more,and more,symbols..
That would make my 5500 USD investment worthwhile..
Message 135 of 200
duane.diehl

Here is a list of issues we are having with plant 3d.  I think some of these may have already been listed.

1. Iso drawings/piping components are not set up to handle weights correctly:

- weights display twice in iso BOM

- can't find a way to get total piping weight

2. Orthographic drawings do not have same functionality as AutoCAD paperspace.

- no way to turn off layers/objects

- when using AutoCAD paperspace some dimensions don't scale properly

3. Custom piping components don't show up in iso's correctly, their SKEY must be corrected to show up right

4. No easy way to add a blank column to iso drawings.  Our work around was to pull a property with no data in it.

5. P&ID randomly turns ortho/polar tracking on and off

6. Plant 3D is not set up to handle part numbers

7. In P&ID there does not seem to be a way to make a static field in an annotation block

8. sometimes olets do not get dimensioned in iso and even moved to separate iso at times

9. It is not convenient to have to close out of plant to update spec's

10. view cube & menu bar have to be reloaded alot

11. in Plant 3D only able to select 1st priority of item from spec

12. cannot isolate model by part # or by line number   

Message 136 of 200
PPlenevaux

I think it should be great if we could work in a clipped box in 3D model. The box should work like in ortho's creation.

Planthide, Plantisolate an Plantshow should have a selection list to select what to hide or unhide.

Pascal.

Pascal
PRAYON sa
Message 137 of 200
hendriksegveld

- better working spec.update tool (spec update only works partly or in just 1 drawing).

- more isometric settings for dimensioning, weld&pos nr. arrows.

- dimensioning from fitting on isometric sheet 1 to fitting on sheet 2 (overall dimensioning)

- possibility to keep the orignal weld numbers on isometric after adding an fitting. (at the moment all weldnumbers change after adding a new fitting).

- adding custom made pipe supports to spec and/or toolpalette.

- insulation thickness showing in NWD-file

- catalog for tongue and groove flanges

- better working slope tools.

Message 138 of 200
CaveManCode

I Wish . . .

AutoDesk could simply fix the tons on bugs in the applicaton they already have!

Some functions are still in the Beta Version  . . .

Message 139 of 200
Gabriel.N
in reply to: CaveManCode

exactly!

Message 140 of 200
milan_blom

The ability to edit geometrical data in Excel like the descriptive data (with import/export) in Spec Editor.

When building or editing a catalog it is very time consuming to be forced to edit components one by one in Spec Editor (not to mention it's bad for my whrist)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost