AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

199 REPLIES 199
Message 1 of 200
ybogdanov
13540 Views, 199 Replies

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

I turn to say the same like in the previous wish lists, and I hope that the developer team will help:

- Cable Trays for Plant 3D! It's imposible to design Industry Plant without this component.

- Better Ortho generation: auto dimensions, auto anotation, view hide pipes,...

- Any basic civil modelation (e.g. walls in 3D with special hatch pattern in ortho)

- Better structural modelation (the same like in Structural Detailing)

- Better P&ID integration on 3D, e.g. equipment list P&ID in 3D for insert it

Those functions now exist in AutoCAD MEP and Structural Detailing, I think that it will be good solution to integrate the same in Plant3D and convert it in the best Plant software. Because the integration between ASD, Plant3D and MEP it's not good, is not posible have all objects in the same database. It will be better,  to have all Plant solutions in the same softare and in the same database, where with one changing workspace you can design: structural, cable trays, pipes, civil, and after this generate ortho views with all details automatically, generate list of material,... 

For Plant Design Suite:

- Add in ultimate suite the Robot for calculation of structure (the same like in building design suite 2013)

With those changes the Plant3D will accelerate it integration in industry, and in few time will be the best and more usefull.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
199 REPLIES 199
Message 61 of 200
PatrickByrne
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

In Plant 3D when you hover over a pipe it says that it is a pipe, if you hover over anything else for example bends, flanges, valves etc., it says that it is a Pipe Inline Asset which is not very helpful.

I would like to see the Long Description (Size), other users might like to see the Long Description (Family), either way it would be good to have an easy way to set up what is shown when we hover over a pipe, valve etc.

Message 62 of 200
PatrickByrne
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

When the Isometrics are created it is notified in the Status Bar Tray. We usually have the variable Traynotify turned off since we don’t want to be notified each time a plot is created, but this also turns off the notification of the isometrics. Would it be possible to separate these two notifications?

Message 63 of 200
Peter_Jansoone
in reply to: ybogdanov

add an 'update border' or 'replace border' command to p&id, allowing to use newer versions or switching to another size.

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Arkance Systems Belgium
Message 64 of 200

Further to my comment above regarding information listed when you hover over a pipe, you should also be able to get the information from piping components in an xref. From past experience this is an extremely useful feature

Message 65 of 200
marodi

I pray for 3 main upgrade:

I. BE AVAILIBLE to create new P3D classes, and in this way, better mappaing options

II. Better ISO generating, without splitting small piperuns to 20 sheets /without any

knowable reason/

III. Smarter ORTHO creation

Future "dream" wishes:

Changing the graphic engine to something that can handle such projects, that

Plant should, but just dying under them. In other softwares. It is not a big deal,

to make the PID-PLANT-ISO communicate back and forth!!! COME ON!

Why don't developers make our life easier, and create a market leading

solution???

(Okay I got it, that there is AutoCAD connection, but maybe we absolutely do not

need it anymore. For example, I really like the Inventors drawing interface, and it also

communicate with AC, so everybody is happy with it...)

THANK YOU AUTODESK, for listening to my mortal words!

Message 66 of 200
Arun_Kumar_K

Following basic modelling tools are required in Plant3d space itself, presently basic structural tools only available in Plant3d space.

Basic civil modelling tools like beam, column, wall, window, door, lintel and civil staircase with hand rail.

Basic Electrical cable trays and HVAC ducts of various sizes.

We would like to have only shape intelligent, not other intelligents. Presently we are using autocad extrude commands for making beam, column, slab, which cause difficulty if sizes are changed.

Hope this will be available in 2014 release.

Message 67 of 200
Peter_Jansoone

A 'activate spec' command that activates the spec by selecting a component. It should pick up the spec from that item and make it current.   

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Message 68 of 200
Arch_art

My wish are:

1. more inteligent pipe support, it is a big headache to insert the pipe support at the moment, it is so hard to modified it with the support lengh. I will have to delete it and redo it again. It would be nice if I can modify it still after it is insert. It would save me a lot of time.
  2. circular railling (at the moment, I have to do it manually, painful!)
  3. cable tray !!!!
  4. insulation to showup in Navisworks.
  5. better ortho. It is quite painful to update/edit a ortho view, Also, when pipe penetrate through the tank, (i.e. circular tank), it won't be able to show the penetration properly. please improve this, to avoid the manually editting.
  6. data manager, sorting via multi criterias, and exported to excel as you sorted in Data manager
  7. imporve the workflow from Revit (structural) to Plant 3D. At the moment, I have to unit all the 3d solid exported out from Revit before I create ortho. Otherwise, the it will give me some unwanted line between walls and floors, etc.

Message 69 of 200
PatrickByrne
in reply to: Arch_art

Standardise the Plant 3D Catalog format so that they work with all releases or make available a convertor for saving to earlier releases. Presently you have different content packs available for different releases but the newer ones cannot be used by earlier releases. This is only going to get worse

Due to other software we are presently working in Plant 3D 2012, we are producing a catalog based on ISCO IPS HDPE Pipes. Autodesk have just made this content pack available for download but only for Plant 3D 2013, this is really annoying.

Having to convert the Specs and catalogs each release might have seemed like a good idea at the time but from a users viewpoint it is painful.

Message 70 of 200
PatrickByrne
in reply to: PatrickByrne

Add weights to your catalogs. CadWorx do this by creating and ASME catalog for Stainless Steel and Carbon Steel, this covers most situations.

Create an ASME Metric catalog. I know it is based on imperial sizes but I like to keep all of the catalogs used in the project Metric.

Message 71 of 200
PatrickByrne
in reply to: PatrickByrne

It would be good if the data manager in the drawing had all the information available from the database including Line numbers, file names plus when you have “Current Drawing Data” selected that it also gives you the option to select xref’s in that drawing. This way you could get a quick MTO without having to select the drawings in the Report Generator.

Message 72 of 200
Rich.O.3d

the ability to set the line gap/loop to break the horizontal in P&ID (as an option in properties with default being vertical)

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 73 of 200
Peter_Jansoone

P&ID + P3D: a command that copies from one item to another (fe when the tag edit dialog for a pomp is selected, it should be possible to copy properties from another pump in teh 'existing items' list ). The properties that must be copied can be flagged in the project setup.

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Message 74 of 200
Peter_Jansoone

P&ID : aquisition for multiple sources : A 3 or 4 way valve is connected to multiple pipe segments and should show the different sizes. I'ts possible for reducers, shouldn't be too difficult

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Message 75 of 200
milan_blom

Selection of line number or other criteriu in Report creator.

Currently in report creator you can only use project data or drawing data as a data source.

I would like to be able to select one or more line numbers from one or more drawing files or some other criterium that makes sense (like area or service) from which i can create a report. Now it's all or nothing.

Reason: For example when issuing a series of isometrics i would like to create a bulk bill of materials for thos iso's.

Message 76 of 200
ybogdanov
in reply to: milan_blom

milan.blom escribió:

Selection of line number or other criteriu in Report creator.

Currently in report creator you can only use project data or drawing data as a data source.

I would like to be able to select one or more line numbers from one or more drawing files or some other criterium that makes sense (like area or service) from which i can create a report. Now it's all or nothing.

Reason: For example when issuing a series of isometrics i would like to create a bulk bill of materials for thos iso's.

You can use filters in "Edit Query", column "Filter" (show filters examples in left down part of screen of window).

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 77 of 200
milan_blom

I'm aware of that possibility, but editing the query for a report is not somthing I would have a regular user do. 

Apart from the harm you can do editing the query, it's way to complicated. Moreover, using this function would mean manually typing in every line number you want to add to the query.

What i'm looking for is a third radio button apart form project data and drawing data where you can select the line numbers you want from a selection list (and possibly some other criteria). 

The only viable option I have right now is exporting everything to excel/access and filter out what I need, but that is not why we have a report creator.

Message 78 of 200
PatrickByrne
in reply to: milan_blom

CadWorx had a really simple way of getting MTO's. With a few clicks you could export a Bill of Material into Excel, Access, text or html from objects in the current drawing including xref's. You could select by line number or select the models, there was no need to worry about the Database or Report generator.

It would be great if there was something similar in the next release of Plant 3D.

Message 79 of 200
Rich.O.3d

+1 for:

Cable Trays

ortho

P&ID

dont need structural improvement from within plant, but deffiinetly need MUCH better integration with ASD/Revit/Inventor

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 80 of 200
VTU-REl

A good "Gets startet" Tutorial as PDF file for Plant 3d in ENG and GER.

Who knows nothing has to do anything

Hard-working people aware of their surroundings fit.
Lazy people adapt their environment to itself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost