AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

199 REPLIES 199
Message 1 of 200
ybogdanov
13562 Views, 199 Replies

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

I turn to say the same like in the previous wish lists, and I hope that the developer team will help:

- Cable Trays for Plant 3D! It's imposible to design Industry Plant without this component.

- Better Ortho generation: auto dimensions, auto anotation, view hide pipes,...

- Any basic civil modelation (e.g. walls in 3D with special hatch pattern in ortho)

- Better structural modelation (the same like in Structural Detailing)

- Better P&ID integration on 3D, e.g. equipment list P&ID in 3D for insert it

Those functions now exist in AutoCAD MEP and Structural Detailing, I think that it will be good solution to integrate the same in Plant3D and convert it in the best Plant software. Because the integration between ASD, Plant3D and MEP it's not good, is not posible have all objects in the same database. It will be better,  to have all Plant solutions in the same softare and in the same database, where with one changing workspace you can design: structural, cable trays, pipes, civil, and after this generate ortho views with all details automatically, generate list of material,... 

For Plant Design Suite:

- Add in ultimate suite the Robot for calculation of structure (the same like in building design suite 2013)

With those changes the Plant3D will accelerate it integration in industry, and in few time will be the best and more usefull.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
199 REPLIES 199
Message 41 of 200
daniel
in reply to: ybogdanov

a match line number & spec button..

its slow to go to properties and change line numbers, when one exists already, plus its a pain when my line number list is in the hundreds.... scrolling through them all...ahhhhh!!!! help!

daniel

Message 42 of 200
VTU-REl

I miss an "Explorer" for Piplins to finde fast pipline parts. 

Who knows nothing has to do anything

Hard-working people aware of their surroundings fit.
Lazy people adapt their environment to itself.
Message 43 of 200
dave.wolfe
in reply to: VTU-REl

Use the data manager. In 2013 you can use the drop down at the bottom left to switch the view to by area, and then you can view line groups.  Click on the header row will select and zoom to the items even if they are in another drawing.

10-4-2012 10-09-47 AM.jpg

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 44 of 200
VTU-REl
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Sorry I don´t know how.

in my Datamanger 2012 German version is that not available.

Who knows nothing has to do anything

Hard-working people aware of their surroundings fit.
Lazy people adapt their environment to itself.
Message 45 of 200
dave.wolfe
in reply to: VTU-REl

For 2012, you have to go to  Project Setup > Plant 3D DWG Settings > Data Manager Configuration > Order by Area.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 46 of 200
DanG...

I´d like to have a annotation preview in ortho-drawings

Message 47 of 200
PatrickByrne
in reply to: DanG...

Annotate xref assemblies similar to Orthographic Views.

We create our arrangement drawings by using xrefs of our steelwork and pipework models, these are very large and contain Prosteel objects. At this stage we will not be using Plant 3D orthographic views.

It would be good if Plant 3D could do this by retrieving the line number, or tag information from the xref model and placing it in Paperspace. Similar to how CadWorx does it.

Message 48 of 200
PatrickByrne
in reply to: PatrickByrne

Add expansion joints as a Plant 3D piping component, they are a common pipe line item. Presently I have to make a custom block for each size.

Message 49 of 200
PatrickByrne

Isometric start point.

I have mentioned this in an earlier post and the response from Autodesk support is it will be logged as an enhancement request.

On our last project using CadWorx we had over 400 pipe models creating over 550 isometrics. I could open a piping assembly and batch create the isometrics, having the Isogenstartpoint set up on each model saved a lot of time and rework. This type of command should not be thought of as an enhancement but a necessary part of the program.

Message 50 of 200
PatrickByrne

Speed up Isometric creation. While it does work in the background this is not much help since you usually have the model finished and are waiting for the isometric to see that everything is correct.

Message 51 of 200
ybogdanov

Create ortho view with option select Line Numbers (No DWGs like now). And iso views in ortho generation. With this two options it will be posible to create "real ISOs" without isogen styles.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 52 of 200
PatrickByrne

It would be good to allow the Matching Pipe OD, End Type and Facing to be altered in the spec. Apart from the geometry of the part the rest should be changeable in the spec.

I have a case where I am using the same valve but with different end types. One spec requires bolts while the other spec has the bolts supplied by the supplier. To achieve this I have to create two catalog items with the same geometry but different end types. If I was able to change it in the spec I would only need one catalog item.

In regards to the Matching Pipe OD I would like to have the catalog correct but be able to change it in the spec. I am using a joint setting with the Matching Pipe OD as the property match. This way I can use a DN200 valve on a DN200 and DN225 pipe line.

Message 53 of 200
PatrickByrne

Part use priority. It would be good to have the ability to set the part use priority for a series of sizes and not have to do each size individually. If it can be done let me know.

Message 54 of 200
PatrickByrne

When adding in a custom component you select the component category and then the sub group component.

A lot of times the custom component does not fall into an existing category, it would be good to have the ability to create your own component heading or at the least have a Custom category. For example when I added Expansion Joints I selected Valves as the Component Category.

Message 55 of 200
dave.wolfe

You have to make sure each size is set correctly.  However, you can select the top item, and then hold down Shift and select the bottom item to select them all at once.  After that clicking the confirm checkbox will apply the confirmed property to all sizes.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 56 of 200
PatrickByrne

Hi Dave,
So basically I have to set each size individually, but I can Mark them as resolved in one go.

Offhand I can’t think of a situation where I would want a different Priority set for different sizes. It is similar in CadWorx but you set the priority in the spec list and not for each size and over the years I have never thought it would be a useful to have this ability.

It could be useful in the future but there should be a way of just setting the priority for all sizes at once.

Message 57 of 200
dave.wolfe

We would use this on flange valves, for example, sometimes a tank would have a 1" FL nozzle on it.  Our default valve  end type would be threaded, but we wanted to have the option to put the valve right on the tank if we needed to.

I think it generally follows that the last item inserted into the spec get's the highest priority.  But yes, other than those two little tips...it's a very manual process.  I guess it'd be nice to have it more like the branch table where you could pick the valve precedent for multiple size ranges.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 58 of 200
PatrickByrne

Mitre pipe command.

We need to Mitre pipe. See attached pdf as an example.

Message 59 of 200
Arun_Kumar_K

Revision Management.

Message 60 of 200
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Presently Plant3d doesn't allow many users to work in a single file. Only single user can work in single file. The present day high end 3d softwares allows all the users can work in a single file. If this option availble in the software it would be a great advantage for using the software in higher capacity plants.

Presently we are facing an issue with xref, when I xref a building and want to route pipe inside building, certain element of the xref building to be hide from the view to route the pipe. Say for example I need to hide a 3 beams and 2 floor slab from 150 beam and 10 floor slabs of the xref'ed building, there is no way currently. Keeping 150 beam in different layers and 10 slab in different layers and switoff the required is not practically possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost