I turn to say the same like in the previous wish lists, and I hope that the developer team will help:
- Cable Trays for Plant 3D! It's imposible to design Industry Plant without this component.
- Better Ortho generation: auto dimensions, auto anotation, view hide pipes,...
- Any basic civil modelation (e.g. walls in 3D with special hatch pattern in ortho)
- Better structural modelation (the same like in Structural Detailing)
- Better P&ID integration on 3D, e.g. equipment list P&ID in 3D for insert it
Those functions now exist in AutoCAD MEP and Structural Detailing, I think that it will be good solution to integrate the same in Plant3D and convert it in the best Plant software. Because the integration between ASD, Plant3D and MEP it's not good, is not posible have all objects in the same database. It will be better, to have all Plant solutions in the same softare and in the same database, where with one changing workspace you can design: structural, cable trays, pipes, civil, and after this generate ortho views with all details automatically, generate list of material,...
For Plant Design Suite:
- Add in ultimate suite the Robot for calculation of structure (the same like in building design suite 2013)
With those changes the Plant3D will accelerate it integration in industry, and in few time will be the best and more usefull.
Also, the P&ID should be more intelligent.
As of now, we are facing the following problem in P&ID:
1. It is not directly reading the specification created. While generating the valve schedule, the class rating of the valves should take it from the specification.
2. The valve numbering should be automatically altered if any of the valves are deleted.
There are a few problems with trying to integrate different programs together. For starters putting both together will result in a much larger program making it slower, more difficult to debug, and adding design processes that aren't necessarily good for each discipline (piping design and structural design are different, even if the finished products need to work together). The development requirements are much the same as creating the original stand-alone software plus the interaction ability. I'd rather the budget for Plant be spent on activities making Plant a better *piping* product, while the MEP/Revit Structural budget be spent making a better *structural* product, and the two teams work together to better coordinate the ability to reference one type into the other.
Plant3D and Showcase direct intergration in the suites. There is a workflow workaround that I dislike greatly in the suites. You cannot take a Plant3D model directly into Showcase, but first you must EXPORTTOAUTOCAD to get the Plant3D objects 'butsted' down to generic AutoCAD objects. I would like to see native support directly between these two products rather than the workaround.
- "Delete" botton in the Data Manager for better manage of database.
- Calculation properties of the objects, and concatenate properties...the same like in Report Creator
The command PLANTDEFINECALCULATEDPROPERTIES is for combining fields to create concatenated properties.
It has some limitations, but it can help get through some of the issues you mentioned. I need to do a blog article on how to use it. The biggest limitation is that you can't include the Size field in the calculated property.
Hopefully, as more people use it, we can get them to expand the functionality some. Wouldn't it be cool if you could build a .Net plugin to tie into a calculated property?!
Sky is the limit.
- Insulation and graiting of Plant3D in Navisworks without using the command NWCOUT
Nominated for longest. command name. EVER.
I did give the wrong command name. It's actually a little shorter: PLANTDEFINECALCPROPERTIES
- Circular railing for top of tanks. (now is only can use line, but not another forms)
- Nozzle spec, for insert new nozzles in custom equipment.
- Link data base od P&ID with data base 3D, for update properties in all directions. For example, changing the TAG of valve in P&ID, update the attached 3D valve automaticly.
- Attach P&ID objects with 3D objects, and when change for example "Normaly" propertie of valve to NC in P&ID, in 3D the actuator changing the direction.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.