AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WISH LIST AUTOCAD PLANT 3D 2015

91 REPLIES 91
Message 1 of 92
Arun_Kumar_K
8109 Views, 91 Replies

WISH LIST AUTOCAD PLANT 3D 2015

I would like to start to give work for the developers even before the official release. As I understood from the 2014, these are not available; please take the following in 2015 release:

1. Spec driven P&ID.

2. Per bid engineering ( for proposal purpose). The prices will be fed for all particular items in spec, in report creator, the costing should appear after multiplication with the quantity

3. Direct stress analysis link with any major softwares like CAESAR, CAEPIPE or Rohr2.

4. Basic civil shape intelligent for columns, footings, beams, windows, doors and staircase

5. Basic electrical intelligence for electrical cable trays, ducts etc.,

6. Custom parametric modelling of supports and equipment a as per user wish.

7. Display of coordinates for pipes in Navisworks.

8. Built-up section structural steel member creation and display of centr line of structural steel members in ortho view.

9. IS standard incorporation in steel catalog.

10. Steel structure report in Report creator
91 REPLIES 91
Message 61 of 92
kudryavcevrm
in reply to: cadwomen

Thank you, CADWomen. Did you know any other PDM, which is more preferrable for Plant 3D projects store and management?
Message 62 of 92
cadwomen
in reply to: kudryavcevrm

Dear  kudryavcevrm

Plant also then Revit are not "made" by ADSK and so not codet for Vault ......

have you ever tryed to make an apple pie whit out real apple ? it will work but ......

so there are a hole buntch of "bugs" in Plant his selfe and more problems as ADSK thought

cu cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 63 of 92
philip
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

The option of Ortho pipework/Equipment to have a wipeout or hatch background so they may be layen over existing 2D plans/elevations/sections/images without having to incorperate this background information into P3D.

Message 64 of 92
dzine14u

1) Piping for pneumatic conveying.

2) Pipe for spouting & aspiration ducting.

3) Here is a simple one that had plagued me for YEARS...Why is it that when you do a distance inquiry that there is not a setting so the results are displayed in both architechural AND engineering units?  I find myself swiching back and forth constantly.

4) Better manage cashed data to help avoid crashes.

Chuck Altmix
Lead Engineering Designer
Upper Consulting, Inc.
www.upperconsulting.com
Message 65 of 92
l_tony
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Really Autodesk? Did you really had to change the layout of the forum?

Did somebody asked you to do this or someone new from your management staff wanted to kiss **** and do something interresting in front of the bossess? If it ain't broken don't fix it!!!

Already I'm pissed off at Yahoo for changing again the mail look. It's awfull!! Painfull!

Btw, I've found out that by using Maxthon broser v3 (not the latest updated version) and change the browsing engine (it has a little lightingbolt button on the adress bar) I have the older, tabbed version of fyahoo mail.

If it ain't broken don't fix it!!! We should all have this motto for the things that we ALL like as they are.

Message 66 of 92
Rasenberger
in reply to: l_tony

One of the wishes  is that you can show the isolationthickness and the changing of isolationthickness at the Isometric.

Message 67 of 92

1. Inbuit specs of ASME BPE standards (Tubes, fittings, triclovers, special valves such as flush bottom valves, zerostatic valves) used in pharmaceutical industries

2. End connections including triclover connections apart from butt weld, flanged, SW etc.

3. Possibility to import Revit models directly into Plant 3D.

Message 68 of 92
dennis

I understand that the two programs are on separate databases, but some easy buttons for coordination would be great.  Such as: P&ID to have the specs listed in the spec folder of P3D, shared values for the Vessel types, etc.

Message 69 of 92
philip

not to sure if this has been asked for before, the ablity to show the model in different states as per how the structural items work, simple, centre line, basic model and a detailed level, the last two would be my prefered then you can have a detailed final model which shows valves etc in good detail, but while drafting you run the simple display to allow for preformance.

Message 70 of 92
alexander..sokolov
in reply to: eski

+1 to 2) But we need to be able to turn off certain layers or override the layer properties in the "green box view" and have those changes saved and shown on the resulting ORTHO view.
Message 71 of 92
seregadushka

New OLE-link  UI

Message 72 of 92
Arun_Kumar_K

User should have option to generate ortho view of selected sizes in single line. This will avoid cogestion of view in ortho.
Message 73 of 92
cadwomen

2015 P3D Beta Projekt

https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=45D89BC8F9E04D5E98B558303A72ABAC

cu cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 74 of 92
bmv1365
in reply to: bmv1365

N)In iso creation, the hypotenuse should be oblique. The extension lines should be parallel to main axes.

O)Possibility to specify a weld number for weld dots that their class is “slip-on”.

P)A method for finding a special spool. For example in most cases in revised iso some spools are deleted and we need to replace them with none constructed spools. The properties for search should be selected by user like size, orientation, length of pipes and ….

Message 75 of 92
bmv1365

Q)Showing weld number (it is better to use joint number) spool number like water marks and a button for show/hide this. Using symbol specified for show in isometric or selecting by user.in this situation it doesn’t need to change to 3dwireframe mode to select weld dots.

R)Show color spec change like spec change in iso.(Let user select it )

S)Showing notes(details) for vent, drain, suction, mitered joint and … in iso.(as per user's setting,the joints of details must be shown and ...) 

Message 76 of 92
bmv1365

T)Possibility to manage(save in software) old revisions. And in new iso it should show revised part
using rev clouds and triangle update indexes automatically.

U)In iso creation, possibility to specify which part be first sheet and so on (based on break points prepared by user). P3D often changes sheets in iso creation.

V)Adding R.F.PAD to default catalog and spec. also show weld dots (it is better to use joint dot) for this.(the number of joints should be selected by user,one or two{sometimes a joint number for inside and other one for outside of pad})

Message 77 of 92
bmv1365

W)Sometimes continuation part shown in iso isn’t correct, it must be repaired !!!!!!

Y)Dimension from continuation part should be conformed dimension part in project setup.

Z)Show key plan in orthographic.

Message 78 of 92
bmv1365

Message 79 of 92
bmv1365

Message 80 of 92
bmv1365

AA)Faster iso creation, now it is not comparable to PDMS.

AB)“Weld Annotations” & “Weld Number” should be changed to “Joint Annotations” & “Joint Number”. P3D doesn’t number threaded joints. Let user to select which type be selected. And there is no field for numbering joint for threaded joint in model.

AC)Show joint number are in connected line number (not in next sheet of iso) as existing item (management goals).

AD)Hoses must be added to default catalog

AE) P3D should realize typical part(main collector and a lot of risers) in iso generation and mark them as "Typ." And don't show them in iso.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost