AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the "Place" button on the Create Custom Parts??

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RobertBenz3551
616 Views, 4 Replies

Where is the "Place" button on the Create Custom Parts??

OK another bug with my Plant 3d. Within the tool pallets - piping components, there's an "Add Custom Part" I click it and a nice window pops up - the custom parts builder window. The documentation shows a Place button http://docs.autodesk.com/PLNT3D/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20Plant%203D%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=... BUT I don't have any such button on the window whatsoever. I tried to expand it thinking it might be a graphic related bug like others that I have foundbut still no button.  Also, the other buttons like shape browser is present.

Any suggestions on where the missing place button could be would be greatly appreciated 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Dan.Scales
in reply to: RobertBenz3551

Hi,

I have seen this issue occur on some machines if the palette is docked.

If you undock the palette does the "Insert in Model" button appear?

Thanks,

Dan 

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 5
RobertBenz3551
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Thanks Dan,

That was it - as soon as I undocked the tool palettes from the side of the drawing, the insert button magically appeared.  

Message 4 of 5
Grampster
in reply to: RobertBenz3551

OOPS, not so fast. Having the same problem and more. Besides the "Place" button, the Builder dialog box is too big for my screen and the bottom is below my workspace; it will NOT resize by dragging the top boarder! When I try, it just jumps a little but stays the same size. It doesn't make any difference if the Properties sections are minimized or not. Maybe the "Place" button is on the bottom, but I can't get to it. Attached is a screen clip.

Sunetic Services
Owner/Consultant
Message 5 of 5
Grampster
in reply to: Grampster

Just did another check. The Custom Parts Creator dialog with Insert button appears fine on my desktop at 1280x1024 flat screen monitor, & Windows 7 - 32 bit, but it will NOT resize vertically. The size problem of being too big for the monitor display is on my laptop with 1366x768 resolution, Windows 7 - 64bit.

Sunetic Services
Owner/Consultant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost