AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Droplet Doesn't Disapper with Iso Message

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CWarne
424 Views, 4 Replies

Water Droplet Doesn't Disapper with Iso Message

The disconnect water droplet does not disappear when an iso message is placed at the node. Software version is Plant 3D 2014. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
EricNyh
in reply to: CWarne

This drives me crazy when the iso message attaches to the node rather than the piping component.  I have no solutions but would like an answer/fix as well.

Message 3 of 5
patpat79
in reply to: CWarne

so you want the droplets (visual sign of disconnected piping) to disappear if an iso message is placed?? I know that what 2012/2013 version behaves and we do not want that for it will cause confusion.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 4 of 5
patpat79
in reply to: EricNyh

have you tried using nearest for snap??

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 5
EricNyh
in reply to: patpat79

Say you have a flanged valve with flanges on either side.  One flange is existing.  If you place an iso message on the valve near the existing flange, where your tie-in will be located, the red sphere will jump to the node location.  Eventually, it seems, the iso sphere will "join" with the valve and leave the flange disconnected. 

What you end up doing is deleting the iso message, rejoining the flange/valve combination and then recreating the iso message.

It's a pain.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost