AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

littlc
Message 1 of 3 (266 Views)

Visual Style Manager

266 Views, 2 Replies
06-28-2012 11:30 AM

Does anyone have any insight on creating a visual style that will enable an isometric view viewport in paperspace to actually print hidden when selecting hidden from the shade plot properties. Solid faces either disappear or have diagonal lines crossing the face. Custom plant parts also disappear. Threaded ball valves and all check valves from a custom spec disappear. Pipe line weights become excessively thick. The list could go on and on. Other shade plot properties do not work when you want crisp black and white 3D drawings. Any help would be great. Is there a detailed reference about the Visual Style Manager options?

Thanks,

CL

Active Contributor
FadeRat
Message 2 of 3 (204 Views)

Re: Visual Style Manager

01-24-2013 02:06 PM in reply to: littlc

I am trying to figure this out myself. Have you had any luck?

The first picture I've attached is the clean lines I want, but without the diagnal lines on the jar filter.

The second picture is what it looks like when I set the shade plot to hidden.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

littlc
Message 3 of 3 (195 Views)

Re: Visual Style Manager

01-24-2013 02:20 PM in reply to: littlc

If you are just looking at a plan or section view I would use the "Create Ortho View" command, the more I use this, the more I like it. I have yet to get the diagonal lines to disappear on equipment when clipping a viewport in paperspace, whether it is an iso, plan or section.  I have a couple custom shade plot settings, but they still are not exactly what I want.

Thanks,

CL

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.