AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Style Manager

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
littlc
542 Views, 2 Replies

Visual Style Manager

Does anyone have any insight on creating a visual style that will enable an isometric view viewport in paperspace to actually print hidden when selecting hidden from the shade plot properties. Solid faces either disappear or have diagonal lines crossing the face. Custom plant parts also disappear. Threaded ball valves and all check valves from a custom spec disappear. Pipe line weights become excessively thick. The list could go on and on. Other shade plot properties do not work when you want crisp black and white 3D drawings. Any help would be great. Is there a detailed reference about the Visual Style Manager options?

Thanks,

CL

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
FadeRat
in reply to: littlc

I am trying to figure this out myself. Have you had any luck?

The first picture I've attached is the clean lines I want, but without the diagnal lines on the jar filter.

The second picture is what it looks like when I set the shade plot to hidden.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
littlc
in reply to: littlc

If you are just looking at a plan or section view I would use the "Create Ortho View" command, the more I use this, the more I like it. I have yet to get the diagonal lines to disappear on equipment when clipping a viewport in paperspace, whether it is an iso, plan or section.  I have a couple custom shade plot settings, but they still are not exactly what I want.

Thanks,

CL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost