AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View style switches to perspective when panning.

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Chris349
4785 Views, 12 Replies

View style switches to perspective when panning.

I'm experiencing this problem in Plant 3D 2015:

Sometimes when panning or orbiting around a model with the middle-mouse button, I would get a message. Warning: Walk or Fly only available in perspective view mode.

Today I got tired of seeing that message, so I checked the box that reads: Always switch to perspective mode. Now I get switched to perspective view every time I pan the camera.

If possible, I'd like to return to the default parallel view and disable the walk and fly features.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
polandj
in reply to: Chris349

While in Orbit, right-click and select Parallel. I would then shutdown Plant and restart.

I had this same problem the other day and have no idea how I got into it.

Justin Poland
Mechanical / Piping Designer
Yates
www.wgyates.com
Message 3 of 13
t0m34

I have the same proble, every time I use pan or 3Dorbit it switches autocad to perspective. How can I change this back?

Message 4 of 13
Chris349
in reply to: t0m34

A temporary solution is to exit the program and restart your computer.
Message 5 of 13
bcdrane42

Was a permanent solution ever found for this one? I am having the same problem.

Message 6 of 13
rroper1

I am looking for a solution as well. I click on the view cube and switch back to parallel, but as soon as you pan in the model perspective mode is entered along with the camera crosshair. I am losing my patience trying to get the setting to "stick."

To make it even more frustrating. any time I use my 3dconnexion space pilot to pan/tilt/zoom/rotate it works just fine and remains in object mode and "parallel." But as soon as I pan with the mouse is when it prompts me to always turn on perspective mode and then locks up and forces an escape hit. to then cancel the dialog box. 

Message 7 of 13
gene.nasierowski
in reply to: rroper1

I am having this same issue!!!!  Worked on these models for months never an issue.

Now everytime i enter 3D orbit............pan around and release my mouse........it exits into WALK FLY MODE.

Can't stop it!!  It knows i am not in perspective mode.............warns me!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!! I am making presentations to clients!!

This is a serious issue.

Can't find a system variable that is being reset, to "7"!!!!!

What is going on????

Serious bug AutoCAD 2016

Message 8 of 13
t.deboer.nl

Has anyone ever found a solution for this? I'm now in plant 3D 2019 and it is still happening (had it in 2018 aswell)

The only thing that's working so far is switching back to parallel, saving my drawing and restarting computer. Sometimes it happens once every 2 or 3 days and sometimes it happens 5 times a day so this solution is just horrible.

Message 9 of 13

Has anyone found a fix for this issue, I have been dealing with it off and on for the past 3 years, and never can get a permanent fix for it. Having to restart my computer or Cad multiple times a day is not a repair or fix, its more of a nuisance. Some input from Autodesk would be nice. 

Message 10 of 13

@matthewcooperWRXP5 @Chris349 @t.deboer.nl @gene.nasierowski @rroper1 

I was having the same exact issue. This seemed to fix it. Though it does automatically turn back on sometimes.

Enter command: PERSPECTIVE <0>. Though it does automatically turn back on sometimes. So I have to enter it back to 0

To keep the "Walk by Fly" box from popping up, I then opened up the options box (command: OPTIONS). Click on  "Walk by FLY..." under the 3D Navigation section. Under Settings>Display instruction balloon select "never".

Screen shot attached.

I hope this helps.

Message 11 of 13
engoutsourced

I'm using CAD 2022 and it started doing this to me as well, it keeps putting me into perspective mode without any action on my part. I can switch it back to "0" but this is ridiculous. Any fixes? 

Message 12 of 13

I solved this issue by repairing my Plant Install!

Go to your apps on your PC, click Uninstall on your plant version, and select Repair on the pop up window. Only takes a few minutes. 

Message 13 of 13
Shamgar_D
in reply to: engoutsourced

Turn off the Perspective in the View manager using DDVIEW command:

shamgardYWHFX_1-1685561383116.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost