AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victaulic Help

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tylerkerr
918 Views, 6 Replies

Victaulic Help

We have a project coming up that will involve lots of Vic and 150# constuction.  I'm working on the trial version of Plant 3D 2013 to see if I can sell an upgrade from CADworx to my boss.  I downloaded the Victatulic content and have been trying to play with it but I've run into a few issues so far.

1) Customer spec calls for No. 10 Vic elbows.  However, when I try to auto route, I'm just getting 8" radius w/ 4" tangent pipes.  Any way to get that to properly use the No. 10 elbows?  Under Spec Viewer, I see the No.10 is set as the default but it clearly isn't making it into the model properly.

2) The site will have both fiberglass tanks and metals tanks.  I've created at least what would be the metal tanks but I can't find a proper way to use the No. 741 connector to connect directly to the nozzle.  When I try to place a flange adapter, I end up with a WNF placed on the nozzle with the Flange Adapter placed at the welded end of the neck.  Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dave.wolfe
in reply to: tylerkerr

1.  Sounds like Pipe Bends are turned on.

10-15-2012 9-17-59 PM.png

2.  It sounds like the joints may not be setup correctly.  Are you placing the adapter from the spec view palette or routing from the nozzle?

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 7
tylerkerr
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Pipe Bends fixed issue #1.  Thanks.

On #2, if I try to place it routing from the nozzle, I get the follow error.

"Cannot connect parts. No connection defined for end types FL and GRV in the config file."

If I try to place it from the palette, it places a WNF with a flange adapter.  If I then try to route from the flange adapter, I get the same error as above.  If I close the error and procede to route, at the end fo the route (even to an open end), I get the same errror again.

vic.png

Message 4 of 7
dave.wolfe

In the readme for the Vic content pak it say to copy the defaultconnectorsconfig.xml to the project, did you do this?

http://autocad.autodesk.com/ama/orig/plant/README__VICTAULIC_Content_Pack.pdf

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 7
tylerkerr

Confirmed that I had placed that file in the correct location.  stil getting the error.

Message 6 of 7
dave.wolfe

Are you using this item:

10-16-2012 12-27-46 PM.png

If you are, you should be getting the GRV/FL mismatch, b/c the adapter is PL on one end and FL on the other.  Maybe attaching a sample model with the adapter you are using with a sample equipment would help troubleshoot the issue.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 7 of 7
tylerkerr

Dave,

Here is the file.  Thanks for your help on this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost