AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault for plant 3D

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
耀光林8316
3439 Views, 12 Replies

Vault for plant 3D

Does anyone ever use Vault for managing Plant 3D datas? How is it?

I want to learn Vault. But it requires a server and client to finish the job. And I want to do in on my own computer at home.

Is it possible to set up a vitual server and install the software? How?

Mark
Project Engineer
Lonza Engineering
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: 耀光林8316

you can run vault on the same machine as plant 3d

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
耀光林8316
in reply to: DarrenP

Do you mean i don't need to install a sever point (just a client is enough)?
Mark
Project Engineer
Lonza Engineering
Message 4 of 13
DarrenP

how many users are planning to use vault?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
耀光林8316

just one for testing at the begining. If the test result is ok, we'll install them for totally 4 clients (users).

Mark
Project Engineer
Lonza Engineering
Message 6 of 13
DarrenP

i suggest installing it on the machine with Plant 3D to get familar with how vault works

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
ted.moberg

How would you suggest we manage a multi office project with 20 or more users.  Half using PID and half modeling in Plant 3d.  We will also be using revit Arc and Str on the project

Message 8 of 13
ybogdanov
in reply to: ted.moberg

I think taht the best way is work with Vault Professional. You need to download AutoCAD Plant3D Extension for Vault. Desinstall the Plant3D and install the extension. The problem is you couldn't to install any service pack and hot fix after that, because for extension is Plant3D but "special" work with Vault, but SP1 and hotfixes don't recognize it as Plant3D normal. 

I think that in the next release it will be better integration...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 9 of 13

Hi Mark,

On your PC, you can install the Server part of the Vault, and also the client. The server will just be known as localhost.

The compatibility between Plant3D and Vault is only on the Workgroup, Collaboration and Professional levels of Vault. The basic version of Vault is not supported. Therefore, you will need to contact your VAR for one of these Vault options.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 13
scottmoyse
in reply to: JarrodMudford

Jarrod,

This Vault help file entry should be updated... It says Vault Basic supports Plant 3D.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 11 of 13
JarrodMudford
in reply to: scottmoyse

Hi Scott,

Its a tough call on this. The AutoCAD Plant 3D application is supported on Vault Basic, but the AutoCAD Plant 3D project is not. You can use Vault basic for the dwg files only if you really wished, and also to xref files from other disciplines.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 13
paul.m
in reply to: JarrodMudford

Hi Jarrod

So simple answer is, if Plant 3D is used as intended for projects it is not supported using Vault Basic!

Regards

Paul

Message 13 of 13
JarrodMudford
in reply to: paul.m

Thats right Paul

Jarrod Mudford
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost