AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanilla AutoCAD Profile

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
OwenWhitehouse
1157 Views, 7 Replies

Vanilla AutoCAD Profile

While setting up my deployments of P&ID and Plant 3D, I noticed that there is no option in either of them to install a vanilla profile. Do I need to install AutoCAD as a separate application, or can I use either of these as the source for my vanilla profile?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dave.wolfe
in reply to: OwenWhitehouse

There should be an option in the deployment to install AutoCAD as a separate product. With 2014, however AutoCAD and Plant run off the same base files, but plant load additional dlls from a subfolder.Effectively, though they are separate products so you won't need a profile for vanilla AutoCAD within plant.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 8
OwenWhitehouse
in reply to: dave.wolfe

I expected there to be an option for the vanilla profile in the deployment, but it is not there. I then created a new desktop icon with a command-line switch of "/product ACAD", but that did not work as I'd hoped, since it still loads all the Plant customization and DLLs.

If I just installed the Plant 3D application, and could figure out a way to use the /product switch, I'd like to set up profiles for both AutoCAD and P&ID without doing additional installations.

Message 4 of 8
dave.wolfe

Sorry, I was thinking suite.

I was able to use /Product ACAD on a shortcut.  That launched AutoCAD by itself. It may not do all lower case for the /Product switch. Or it might be a suite thing, I guess. 

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 8
dgorsman

Does the shortcut for Plant have an additional \ld argument, as well as a \p (rofile) argument?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 8
OwenWhitehouse
in reply to: dgorsman

No, it only has the '/product PLNT3D' and '/language "en-US"' switches. Once I am done customizing it, there will be '/p' switches, but out of the box, none.

Message 7 of 8

After a fresh install with Plant 3D only, there does not seem to be a way to get the command line switches to start Plant 3D as AutoCAD or P&ID. It looks like we'll have to install those applications separately, which seems a real waste of drive space. Does anyone else have some input on loading Vanilla AutoCAD or P&ID sessions with just a Plant 3D install?

Message 8 of 8
dave.wolfe

Did you choose to install AutoCAD & Plant in the installation? Beginning in 2014, Plant installs to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\PLNT3D, so additional drive space is not used.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost