AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve tag already in use

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1174 Views, 4 Replies

Valve tag already in use

Hi,

I am sure this has been covered before but I cant find this particular issue when I search for tag issues.

I have a Plant3D model that has no soft copy P&ID to go with it, we are working off a paper copy P&ID that has no data connection with the project.

I am trying to number a valve and I cannot use the tag number i need to use, I just get 3 question marks.

I have deleted the valve and tried again, but I get the same thing.

As a side issue I am not aware of any way to search for graphic object within a 3D model using the tag number?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
patpat79
in reply to: Anonymous

Issue 1, you can use audit project to try and see if it solves your problem. Solution 2 for that is create a new field for valve number, then re assign all your valves, and i am sure you will have no more problem in the future. And as to your second question, you can easily locate components via line number, tag or any property via creating custom Data manager view. Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: patpat79

Cheers Pat,

Data Manger solved it using your info

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
patpat79
in reply to: Anonymous

Good to hear that, cheers..

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 5
daviehurst
in reply to: patpat79

I am having problems cereating a valve tag, without getting tag in use. So I purge the drawing, audit, Go to Data Manager and look for inline Instrument with that valve tag, none shows.

But it will not let me give the tag number required, without getting Tag in Use prompt.

What am I missing here?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost