AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

valve & operator help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
804 Views, 2 Replies

valve & operator help

Hello all

is it possible to have a valve with different operator symbols in iso creation, without creating a different famly groups with a different skey for each?

looking inIsoSkeyAcadBlockMap autodesk are stating that:

<ValveToSpindleSkeyMap ValveSKEY="VT??" SpindleSKEY="01SP" />

can VT?? also have and 20SP (custom actuator)

E.G. one gate valve with say a manual hand wheel, motor actuator & air actuator.

from what i can see each operator needs a valve family with a different skey to work, which means is there much point to operator additions to valves?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
VinodBalasubramanian
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You can add SKEY value for gate valve only. You can try creating another spec for the same gate valve and change the SKEY for that to a different one based on the mapping available in the iso xml file.

If that doesn't suit, you can change it inside plant under the properties before running an ISO. I would still recommend the first approach. Do let me know, if you want more details.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

so for a gate, ball, dbb, needle, globe valves with air actuator, soleanoid, hand wheel, air actuated with hand wheel, digraghm, motor....  makes about 100 odd items for a spec.. thats just not smart, not much point in operator symbols then.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost