AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve Actuator With Custom Parts

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
batone79
2545 Views, 6 Replies

Valve Actuator With Custom Parts

Hi to everyone,

We convert all type of Valves and Actuators that we need into a Catalog with  Custom Geometry.

Once insert  into spec to use in the drawing, some times actuators appear as was created and some time appear big, Giant.

Where is the problem or what is the solution?

thanks..!!

01.jpg

02.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Peter_Jansoone
in reply to: batone79

check if you're using the same units in blocks and drawings

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Arkance Systems Belgium
Message 3 of 7
batone79

yes, I´m using the same units in each drawing, I mean, same units in Block and Plantpartconvert Drawing and same units when insert in the 3D pipe Drawings.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
Peter_Jansoone

check this :

http://www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk/Blogs/Blog.aspx?ScoId=a71dcb78-3652-49e7-906b-11067dedacde&returnT...

somewhere there must be a mix-up in units

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Arkance Systems Belgium
Message 5 of 7
batone79

Thanks Peter.. now work well

If you are using Mixed Metric Project, when you are going to create custom valves you´ll should create valve block into a mm .dwg and actuators into a inches .dwg

A trick is generate a mm .dwg with valve and actuator in right position an generate plantpartconvert of valves only.

for actuator you need to generate a new empty .dwg in inches and insert last mm .dwg where you got valves and actuator in mm as xRef into inches .dwg. after do this, bind the xRef inserted from External Reference Manager and delete all valves.

With this last step you got all actuators in right position and in inches, well scaled to start Plantpartconvert to each one.

thanks again Peter...!!

Message 6 of 7
Lars_Petersson

Hi

I have the same issue, with the actuator being a giant.

However, my project is in metric, my drawings and blocks are metric. And when i first inserted the valve with actuator, it was fine. But now the actuator behaves like it is in inches. A giant in size and further away from the valve. Also when i insert the component, the existing one which was fine, also gets the new giant actuator.

Any idea how i should proceed? I've tried to change the width and height of the actuator in spec editor without fortune.

Basically, i've tried everything i can think of.

Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 7
Lars_Petersson

Update

The wierd thing is. First component i insert into the drawing is in the correct size. But the second one is always huge.

and if i place it, the first ones actuator becomes the same giant size as well. Same on all drawings. First is ok. Second not.

All things are in mm. Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost