AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Active Contributor
sreid13
Message 31 of 44 (660 Views)

Re: User Wish List

03-03-2010 09:49 PM in reply to: philip
The ability to create an assembly of parts similar to Inventor so they can get imported into any drawing like a block.
Active Contributor
sreid13
Message 32 of 44 (660 Views)

03-03-2010 09:56 PM in reply to: philip
Also to be able to have NB for metric in the isometrics. Currently it looks like it mutiplies inches by 25.4 to convert it to mm. For instance a 4" pipe comes out as 102mm instead of 100. Unless there is a switch in isogen that im missing?
*Peter Quinn
Message 33 of 44 (660 Views)

03-05-2010 08:20 AM in reply to: philip
Sreid,

That's a high priority bug. We know about it and will get it fixed in a
future version.

Peter Quinn (Autodesk)
wrote in message news:6348435@discussion.autodesk.com...
Also to be able to have NB for metric in the isometrics. Currently it looks
like it mutiplies inches by 25.4 to convert it to mm. For instance a 4" pipe
comes out as 102mm instead of 100. Unless there is a switch in isogen that
im missing?
Contributor
SteveDarvell
Message 34 of 44 (660 Views)

03-08-2010 12:24 PM in reply to: philip
How about a piping spec/ catalog for instrumentation/ compression fittings such as swagelok or similar.
Contributor
dracri
Message 35 of 44 (661 Views)

03-17-2010 08:11 PM in reply to: philip
I know this is about AutoCAD Plant 3D, Bu t will we see anytime soon something like a Revit Plant 3D, as I think it would be a better tool. I am a big fan of Revit MEP, and mostly using it as a 3D tool, much faster and easyer than AutoCAD MEP. Advantages: elevations and sections updtaed in realtime.

Regards,
Dragos
fdsales
Message 36 of 44 (661 Views)

03-25-2010 06:25 AM in reply to: philip
Como faço para que na lista de materiais apareça quantitativo dos materiais.

Se não é possível fazer isto, fica aqui meu desejo para próxima versão.

AutoCad Plant 3D acabou de chegar no Brasil estou cheio de dúvidas, por favor me ajudem, se alguém puder passar o e-mail para ficar mais fácil a comunicação.

Obrigado a todos.
Filipe Duarte Sales
Brasil

Google Translator:
How do I get the list of materials to quantitative material.

If you can not do this, here is my wish for next version.

AutoCAD Plant 3D has just arrived in Brazil I am full of doubts, please help me, if someone can pass the email to make it easier communication.

Thank you all.
Filipe Duarte Sales
Brazil
carlcheetham
Message 37 of 44 (661 Views)

03-29-2010 12:46 PM in reply to: philip
1. I'm used to parametric modeling in 3D but I am also used to using Autocad. If the ortho views, annotation, and dimensions could be associative with the source model, that would be a very powerful and time saving tool. The same goes for the ISOGEN drawings. 3D models are never exactly right the first time. Changes in piping sizes, valve types, tag numbers, etc. all should automatically update in the project drawings.
2. The catalogues need to be more comprehensive. I can't even get a large ball valve to show with a gear operator. Yet it is a very common part.
3. In the equipment builder, there needs to be more options for nozzle types. I can't figure out how to have a threaded connection on a typical pressure vessel, yet that is very very common.
4. Some compatibility with Cadworx would be nice. An engineering firm may need to work with both software packages to fullfil a clients needs. In the oil and gas industry, Cadworx is probably main competitor to this Plant 3D program.
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 38 of 44 (661 Views)

03-29-2010 02:49 PM in reply to: philip
I don't think there will ever be "dynamic" updates through ISOGEN, simply due to the way it works. The best we could hope for would be Plant3D making use of the repeatability file to maintain a few basic pieces of information.

And point 4 is excellent. These days choosing one piping design program over another automatically excludes compatibility with all others. There is a desperate need for a common data standard in the piping industry (and its *not* PCF/IDF). It would be nice for AutoDesk, as the AutoCAD "host" for several of these programs, to take a leadership role in this.
----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Distinguished Contributor
philip
Message 39 of 44 (661 Views)

Rename line numbers

04-05-2010 01:09 PM in reply to: philip
the ability to rename line numbers under the rename option instead of having to pick all components of a line to put it onto a new line number.
cuttingedgeplumbing
Message 40 of 44 (661 Views)

Live Equipment Preview While Building

05-04-2010 01:45 PM in reply to: philip
It would be awesome to have the CAD graphic update when we are modifying equipment. True, we can hit the 'Apply' button to see it update the drawing, but a preview would be just that much faster. Plus, this would allow us to see equiptment which we have not inserted into the drawing, BEFORE we insert them for the first time.

Currently in the 'Modify Equipment' window when you click on a Dimension field to edit it, the graphic on the left changes to show a graphic which includes the dim you are changing. What about also highlighting (in the graphic) the actual DIM you are editing (say, highlight in yellow)?
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.