It would be nice if iso generations instead of overwriting or creating a new drawing did something similar to Orthos where information in model space is replaced with new inforation and data in paperspace is retained
This would allow use of Sheetset Manager & revisions blocks within paperspace to be retained ,also special notes /information can be added to individual drawings in paperspace with out the need to copy information from previous revision drawing or to reenter information on overwiten drawings.
New Iso setup is taking a bit of learning but is looking good.
I'm adding this to the wishlist thread.... see original post here:
Can you please tell me if it is possible to make a piping plan using ortho to display single/double line pipe for various diameters?
AT THE TIME YOU SINCRONIZE CATALOGUES WITH SPECIFICATIONS, IT CHANGES THE NEW DESCRIPTIONS AND/OR VALUES ADDED OR EDITED FROM THE ORIGINAL ONES, YOU CAN ADD A FILTER OF WHAT YOU WANT TO SINCHRONIZE AND CHANGE.
THERE IS NO WAY OF COPYING SPECIFIC ELEMENTS FROM ONE SPEC TO ANOTHER AND WHEN YOU WANT TO ADD IT FROM EXCEL IT CAUSES PROBLEMS ILUMINATING CHANGES.
THERE IS NO WAY OF MAKING A NEW CATALOGUE, AND NEITHER A WAY OF COPYING ELEMENTS FROM ONE TO ANOTHER, IN ORDER TO MANAGE YOUR CATALOGUES AS YOU PREFER.
|SOMETIMES WHEN YOU ASSIGN A NOMINAL DIAMETER LIKE 1-1/2" THE SYSTEM TAKES 1/2" AS THE SERVICE AND THE REST OF THE VALUES ARE CHANGED, I THINK THE SYSTEM DIVIDES IT BECAUSE OF THE HYPHEN.|
- Link diferents block to elements for each ortho view (the same as in REVIT or MEP). Now the objects have only ISO simbol, but for ortho isn't it. For example, for stairs, gratings, valves...
- Iso views in ortho.
-View hide pipes (when one pipe is upper than other) in ortho (but with diferent type of line).
- Better P&ID Line List (in the 3D modeling), for example if one valve is inserted in the 3D from P&ID, in the list this valve will be marked. Because now is posible to insert two same valves.
- The syncron components 3D with Spec (now this option doesn't work! Only update in one drawing, and in the others say that the spec is allready update, and after updating in the first drawing don't ajust the connection points).
- Direct syncronization P&ID with Plant3D in both direction. After to add any propertie with any value in Plant3D the program need to add the same propertie with the value to the same object in the P&ID.
- List of equipment to insert in the Plant3D from P&ID (the same as Line list P&ID).
- Real selection from Data Manager, if is used "magnifying glass" in the first column of data manager the selection is not real, because if click the right botton of mouse is not posible to access to properties. In my case there are one valve in data manager but in the 3D model I couldn't find it, is lost fisical block and is not visible, but in the data base there is.
1) Legend for P&ID drawings
2) "P&ID Equipment List" similar like "P&ID Line List"
3) BOM for ORTHO drawing
4) Validation in 2012 version doesnt work corect, dont see error for situation when in P&ID we have 10 tanks, in Plant 3D we have 8 tanks, this is no problem for validation this is huge mistake
5) More plastic parts catalogs
6) Like someone says before when we take valves or pipe from "P&ID Line List" we dont have any information when we take the compnent again, i recomanded in next versions change the color or something information like "This valve is used in P3D now"
7) Pipe Support Editor, make we create new support like we create new equipment
8) Two way connection beetwen AutoCAD Plant 3D and Inventor
9) Automatic upload specyfication from P&ID to Plant 3D, for example if we change diameter in P&ID from 100mm to 200mm Plant 3D automaticly changed this pipe
10) Simple generator from Steel Structure, or raport generator for steel structure for example lenght of Member etc.
in this time thats all
have <sheet views> in the Sheet set manager compatible with P3D Drawings.
I love the sheet set manager, and it is so bloody annoying trying to 'fix' the ortho's.....
There needs to be a much easier way to report program bugs.I'm not talking about not understanding the process, but things that just flat-out don't perform as they should.
They should be a force connect option. So if a pipe is within a mm of another pipe you should be able to force the connection. Currently I am getting frustrated over the fact that my measurements are within .01 mm and maybe off by half a degree due to some slope piping but I can not get a connection.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.