AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Distinguished Contributor
philip
Message 21 of 43 (578 Views)

Re: USER WISH LIST 2013

02-13-2012 11:26 AM in reply to: JRPalmer

Have a look at this link http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/User-Wish-List/td-p/2604406/highlight/true/page/3 I had asked the question a couple of releases ago about a fuzz factor the reply was great and i have since been running with settings a little bit less strict to allow miss joins to happen, hope this helps.

Contributor
asalcido
Message 22 of 43 (517 Views)

03-03-2012 12:01 PM in reply to: philip

I would like to see the elevation of steel members in the tooltip.  It would be easier to hover over a member than trying to ID a point.

Alex Salcido

Piping Designer

Saulsbury Industries

Valued Mentor
ybogdanov
Message 23 of 43 (490 Views)

03-11-2012 12:52 AM in reply to: asalcido

1.Automaticly update TAG of Line Group (in the P&ID). Now if is drawing the lines without asigning TAG, the Line TAG and Line Group TAG is empty, its ok. But if you change the TAG of segment and save it, for update the TAG of Line Group is necessary search in the Data Manager the column and do doble click for each group...

It's problem because if you don't update manually in the 3D List of Line numbers from P&ID, all groups have the value "?".

2. Posibility to DELETE any item from Data Manager. There are cases than in the DataBase there are objects which don't exist in the 3D o 2D model. And for delete this itemos from DataBase is necessary to access using another programs of SQLite or SQL server. It will be good option than in validation function will be posible to detect automatically this lost geometry ITEMS.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Mentor
attila_vallyon
Message 24 of 43 (438 Views)

03-19-2012 01:42 AM in reply to: philip

Hello!

It would be a great benefit tio be able to create bent pipe. So instead of having straight pipe segments and elbows, there is only a single pipe with bent segments. This would be only one item on the ISO.

This applies to the pipe sizes below 1/2".

Regards,

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Valued Contributor
Grampster
Message 25 of 43 (428 Views)

03-19-2012 08:24 AM in reply to: philip

The program already has the capability of putting in pipe bends. Here's an example for ASTM Pipes and Fittings Catalog. In Catalog Editor, filter for ELL 90 LR. Select and Duplicate Component. In General Properties, change the Long Description to PIPE BEND 5D, 90 , ASTM A53, change Compatible Standard to B36.10, change the Short Description to PIPE BEND. In Sizes, check "All Ports", change all the Curve Radiuses and R-parameters to 5 times the nominal size. Change the Long Descriptions to PIPE BEND 5D, 90 , 1/2", ASTM A53 GR B (with appropriate sizes). Save to Catalog. This can then be used as a template for other schedules. Other bend radiuses can be created. As an option, SEAMLESS can be inserted in the Long Description.

When placed in a spec, they would be listed under Elbow. Pipe bends are an added expense. Like elbows, these can be tracked in the database. They can also be trimmed like elbows. Note: I have already tested this method successfully.

Sunetic Services
Owner/Consultant
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 26 of 43 (416 Views)

03-19-2012 11:48 AM in reply to: Grampster

Unlike elbows, bends are not strictly in one axis and may have significant tangential length on each end.  For example, pipeline risers are frequently a single piece 's' bend, not two extra-large radius elbows welded together.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Valued Contributor
Grampster
Message 27 of 43 (413 Views)

03-19-2012 01:14 PM in reply to: dgorsman

I'm fully aware of how bends are created and have used them innumerable times over the last 50 years in all kinds of system, from marine to nuclear to chemical, etc., and for all kinds of pipe, including ultra-high pressure SST piping (I.e. 2" ID x 3.5" OD). I'm not a novice or a dunce as you imply and don't need you to tell me what constitutes a bend in the real world. My suggestion was suppose to be a relatively easy WORK-AROUND for the model, which you apparently misunderstood.

If you want a more elaborate representation of a pipe bend with the tangentials, create a NEW Component and use the "Pulled Bend" Geometry in Catalog Editor [Pulled Bend (PE) doesn't display the Size Parameters]; it's STILL going to be an elbow. A lot more work, but if you're on salary and your boss doesn't mind, have fun. I'm also not going to tell you how to handle the more complex configurations - you figure it out yourself.

P.S. I don't fly by the seat of my pants. I've earned my pilot's license.

Sunetic Services
Owner/Consultant
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 28 of 43 (406 Views)

03-19-2012 02:36 PM in reply to: Grampster

Geez, its teh internetz.  No insuations or insults were implied, intended or anything.  Calmness, please.  :smileyhappy:

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

puthumazha
Message 29 of 43 (339 Views)

03-28-2012 11:49 AM in reply to: philip

We are working on fire fighting system for Oil Storage tanks. the fire water spray system is installed around the tank. PIPE RINGS are used to fix spray nozzles around the tank. BENDING THE PIPE ON THE SCREEN will benifit us. Like, there should be an option to type the pipe bend radius in the 'properties'. The same matter was added in the wish list-2012 too. But there was no updation when P3D was released. Making a custom elbow cannot solve this problem.

puthumazha
Message 30 of 43 (333 Views)

03-28-2012 11:59 AM in reply to: puthumazha

It would be better if we can show approximate model of valves instead of symbolical representation. Now the gate valves, Check valves etc looks like PnID symbols even in the ortho view. Some clients make remarks on these representations even the end to end dimensions are correct. Also i wish if there's an option to On or Off bolts in the flanges.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.