AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful information in elbow specs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tmccar
452 Views, 3 Replies

Useful information in elbow specs

I would like to customize the dynamic tool palette that shows my pipe specs. At the moment, the description for an elbow joint is like this: "ELBOW 45, BV, 150,0". This is meaningless to a piping designer, who needs to know the inch size. How can I change what is displayed? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: tmccar

Use the Spec Viewer Palette.  I find it to be much easier to work with.  You can double-click the item in the top section to insert it, or  you can scroll down and double click the particular size of the item to insert in the lower section (I find this useful for reducing items).

10-2-2012 4-43-49 PM.jpg

In any case, items generally take the size of the line they are placed in, unless that size is not available in the spec.

Also, the tool palette descriptions are a combination of the short description plus some other properties, which make them not very flexible.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 4
tmccar
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks but I was hoping to be able to customize the fields (and perhaps add a new field).

Message 4 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: tmccar

Yea, I get it...a lot of our clients want to do that.  There just isn't a good way to do that, and IMO, the spec viewer is the better way to work.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost