AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AnandHarrypersad
Message 1 of 4 (205 Views)

Updating Specs retro activly

205 Views, 3 Replies
09-26-2012 11:04 AM

I have a nearly completed project and I need to modify the specifications for a specific class of fittings. After editing the catalogue and specs how can I update the out dated refferenced specs?

Thank you,

Henry

Valued Mentor
JohnHolder
Message 2 of 4 (199 Views)

Re: Updating Specs retro activly

09-26-2012 03:12 PM in reply to: AnandHarrypersad

an easy out would to be add the new spec under a different name, and use the new parts.  I have had to do this a couple times.  It does not work if you need to modify the old fittings in the drawing though.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
AnandHarrypersad
Message 3 of 4 (168 Views)

09-27-2012 10:59 AM in reply to: JohnHolder

Thanks, John.

I guess I'll be modifying the existing parts as required. I was hoping to escape that.

Valued Mentor
JohnHolder
Message 4 of 4 (166 Views)

09-27-2012 12:26 PM in reply to: AnandHarrypersad

Unfortunatly that has been my experience.. hopefully someone else can give us both good news 8(

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.