AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock line that was locked via 'Lock Line & Issue' option?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Boxx250
3028 Views, 11 Replies

Unlock line that was locked via 'Lock Line & Issue' option?

I used the 'lock Line & Issue' option to lock an isometric, then tried to unlock it & the unlock option was greyed out. I got an error message (which has long since disappeared) that suggested trying to refresh the tree, or sonething to that effect... The line no longer appears in the Isometric drawing list, nor in the list of available drawings from which to create an iso. The line is in the piping drawing, but is locked (a little gold lock appears) & cannot be manipulated. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to unlock the line. 

What am I missing? I need to revise this line!

Thx!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jabowabo
in reply to: Boxx250

I couldn't find a way to unlock the line group after the iso's have been unlinked from the project. I wrote a little app that will do it for you though. You can download it here : Lock/Unlock Line Groups

Follow the directions in the README and use 'LOCKLINEGROUP' or 'UNLOCKLINEGROUP' command. Select an item on the target linegroup and the linegroup will lock or unlock as needed.

Message 3 of 12
Boxx250

Thanks for your response, and the .dll. I followed your instructions, including the unblocking bit, but get the attached error message.

Does it mean anything to you (because it sure doensn't to me!).

Thx again!

Message 4 of 12
jabowabo

See: Loading DLLs

Are you running it from the network? If so try the local machine.

Message 5 of 12
Boxx250

Running AutoPLANT 3D on my local machine...

Message 6 of 12
jabowabo

Try this:

1. Right-click the original .zip file, go to 'Properties' and unblock.

2. Extract the .zip to your local computer C: drive - it may or may not run from a network drive.

3. Right-click the unzipped .dll file, go to 'Properties' and unblock..

4. Netload the .dll from your C: drive.

Let me know if that works or not.

Message 7 of 12
Boxx250
in reply to: jabowabo

Still won't load. I get the attached error message. 

Thanks tho!

Message 8 of 12
jabowabo

The original build targeted .NET 4.5 which may be why you can't load.  If you want to give it one more shot, I just uploaded a .NET 4.0 version.

https://app.box.com/s/xwb2669jlg0j3jdq9v57

Message 9 of 12
Boxx250

Still no joy, thanks for your help tho! (Attaching the latest error message FYI)

Message 10 of 12
jabowabo

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2011/07/loading-blocked-and-network-h...

I referenced this article above. Did you apply the change to the acad.exe.config file?
Message 11 of 12
marcfickas_JZ
in reply to: jabowabo

is there a way to unlock lock line & issue for this in 2016? i am having problems with a line being locked & issued

Message 12 of 12
jabowabo
in reply to: marcfickas_JZ

You can unlock it in the DataManager:

2016-04-08_110106.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost