AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled exception error, please help

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
pouria.ghobadi
1985 Views, 16 Replies

Unhandled exception error, please help

HI

I just downloaded the student version of plant 3d 2012 and I have activated it. so far so good BUT when i want to open a new drawing i get Unhandled exception error. I already deactivated the validation of signeture and new version of .dll file of c++ 2005... and I have installed and uninstalled many times but the error is just there...

1.jpg

anybody can help??????

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Your download could be corrupt. Or it may even be your windows profile. Have you tried on another PC?

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 17

I have downloaded quite few times, but still the same. and also i can not install it on another computer since it is allowed to activate it on only one computer. Is it possible to deactivate it on one computer and again activate it on another computer?? actually I have uninstalled and cleared registery and folders and etc. but no use, it gives the error of one allowed activation licence...

Message 4 of 17
thiagog
in reply to: pouria.ghobadi

Hi

I am having the same problem.

Pouria. Ghobadi, could you get solve the problem ?

Message 5 of 17

No, Do you have a student version of plant 3D?

Message 6 of 17
thiagog

Yes, I just downloaded the student version, and i'm getting the same problem.

im gonna try in another PC, and I'l tell you if i get success.

Message 7 of 17
pouria.ghobadi
in reply to: thiagog

I think it is the problem of student version activation. I have tried everything you can find in one week of googleing. It doesn't work. If you could correct it please let me know...

Message 8 of 17
thiagog

I was having the same problem with P&ID 2011 e 2012, and I could solve downloading the 2010 version.

The problem here is that they didnt make available earlier version to dowload

Message 9 of 17
pouria.ghobadi
in reply to: thiagog

did any news come up? could you solve it ?

Message 10 of 17
marbtrjmr

I am having the same problem with the student version.  I get this exact same error if I try to open a new drawing and also if I select Project Setup in the Project Manager of the Home tab.  Were you able to find a solution?

Message 11 of 17
marbtrjmr

After doing some searches I found some information in the Ask The Expert Forum.  This is a problem with the Student Version of Plant 3D.  If you look under Lori Wu's Q&A - Question 91 6/18/2012, he says the following...  From the date of your message, it is clear that Autodesk has not identified the cause but it is not a problem with your download.

Question #91

Hi Lori

I have the same problem as the other students have.

Whenever I try to create a new P&ID or 3D project I am receiving this error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue."

When I click on continue it doesnt allow me to create my project. Can you please tell me if there is any solution?

I am using Autocrat plant 3D 2013 and Autocrat P&ID 2012, both student versions.

I also tried to repair it but it was not helpful.

Thank you.

• June 19 2012Reply to Question #91

This is the issue that we are working on now. We will let you know as soon as there is a workaround.

Thanks,

Lori

Message 12 of 17
pouria.ghobadi
in reply to: marbtrjmr

Hi

I got no solution for it, Since our university bought a full version i didn't follow up any more, but at that time I talked to many peapole in autodesk and they couldnt solve it. The funny thing is that the trial version works perfect. YOu can also work with the trail version

Message 13 of 17
auto_2013

Did you guys figure this out after all? Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 17

I have the same problem. Who knew registering a product would make it worse?

Message 15 of 17

Any body any solution????????
Message 16 of 17
jabowabo
Message 17 of 17
pouria.ghobadi
in reply to: jabowabo

Thank you so much, finally f*ucking Plant 3D student version is working after 2 years....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost