AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undefined Sizes for pipe run component

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Roxana-Elena
589 Views, 1 Reply

Undefined Sizes for pipe run component

Hello,

Kindly ask you to have a look on the attached file.

What I did:

1. I mapped the "Pipe 10", Pipe 12" (PID object) as Pipe (Plant3D).

2.By default the "Size " property of PID class was mapped as "Nominal Diameter" .

3. The Plant 3D model was affected in such way that some of the component of size DN 200 had the "Size: Undefined Sizex200" but not all components of this size

I believe that the problem is with the "Size" property of PID class defined as List of sizes in inch (1"' 2", 10" etc) while the "Nominal Diameter"  property in the Plant 3D is nominal size (200, 300 etc)\

I have created the class "Pipe 10" because for each size of pipe I have different line thickness the "Pipe 12" " and so on.

The tag is based on Size property and it have to be shown in inch.

I want to map these new componenti (Pipe 10", Pipe 12") to Plant 3D in order to get the line tags faster (from P&ID Line List).

No, I am not even sure that this is the real cause of the "Undefined Sizex200" but if this is indeed the cause, could you please give a help in how to fix this problem?

Roxana

PS. Please I have a look on the bigger file (568 Kb) and ignore the first on. I was not able to delet it.

Roxana
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Roxana-Elena
in reply to: Roxana-Elena

Hello again,

In addition to what I have described in my prevoius my message :

I've redone the all "Undefined sizes" and today when I opened the model the "undefined sizes" are back 😞

What should I understand from this?

Do I have to redo model every day?

Is there any possible logical explanation for this?

Kindly ask you for your advice, any.

Thank you

Roxana

Roxana

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost