AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** Undefined block # error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
A_Wigle
671 Views, 4 Replies

** Undefined block # error

I am trying to change the location of a piece of equipment. For a bit of background, the equipment source file is xrefd into an equipment layout where it is then converted and tagged as P3D equipment. My issue arrises when I need to move the equipment. I open the source file of the equipment, move the equipment save and then close. I reload the equipment in my equipment layout. The equipment does not move and comes up with a error, "** Undefined block #-1803268720". How do I move a piece of equipment? Does P3D not allow equipment to be moved once it has been converted to equipment?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: A_Wigle

Plant 3D probably doesn't expect to have an xref turned into a piece of equipment.  insert the equipment as a block.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 5
A_Wigle
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Unfortunately, that does not work in our situation. The projects are large scale and require collaborative effort, hence the need for an xref. We have converted our models to P3D equipment so that we can use the piping features and the various report generators.
Message 4 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: A_Wigle

Hmm. Weird, I know it has problems with moving xrefs, as it reads directly to the source file for coordinate and other information.  For example, when using the drawing ortho graphics, it will use the location of the objects in the source file (not the moved xref).  I assume this would apply for xrefs converted to equipment as well.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Has the xref been detached or unloaded?  That may change some of the block names used.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost