AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Distinguished Contributor
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 1 of 2 (185 Views)
Accepted Solution

Tree Structure required for Structural Member

185 Views, 1 Replies
02-12-2013 06:26 AM

Today, I find an issue in generating the cummulation of structural member required for aux. steel structure for pipe supports in Plant3d space.

I need to give for procurement only the auxiliary steel structures required for pipe supports.

When I saw the datamanager, the complete members which are in the project are displaying, which includes, pipe rack members, building beams, gratings etc.,  There is no division like support, stairs, pipe rack, building etc.,

As like Line numbers, for structures also, some class to be defined, the modelled structures should fall under the class.

You could add a new property in against steel members in the project set up. A property that has a drop down list so you can define its classification.
Then you can use the report creator to output a procurement report.

Employee
JarrodMudford
Message 2 of 2 (170 Views)

Re: Tree Structure required for Structural Member

02-12-2013 05:06 PM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

You could add a new property in against steel members in the project set up. A property that has a drop down list so you can define its classification.
Then you can use the report creator to output a procurement report.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.