I have a customer titleblock for ISOs but, in Project Setup, in setting up the titleblock, it will not display titleblock (border) when trying to set the draw area etc. The titleblock is a .dwt with simple geometry and some block references. It is saved in the ISO style directory and selected as the template. Any suggestions or help?
There are a few title block issues that you might want to be aware of in the Readme under Isometric Drawings > In Title Block Setup.
The one that that may be causing the problem is the name restriction, where the block must be named "Title Block".
Okay, I got the titleblock to display and seemed fine. However, while I'm setting the drawing area etc, when I place the BOM area by placing the "blue window" in the titleblock, it Fatal Errors consistantly immediately after setting the "window". Help Please?
Sorry about the problem.
I'll think I'll need to look at the title block and your Iso style files. If you can zip your "Isometric" folder with the title block and upload them here i'll try to find a way around this.
I have had success by creating a new iso style and basing it on one of the existing styles. It doesn't matter which one since the title block will be deleted. I then went into the "Setup Title Block" option (under "Tilte Block and display"). When the iso.dwt file opened I used the Autocad "Bedit" command to open the existing block called Title Block. I erased the border and copy-pasted in the new one I wanted and exited the block editor command.
I then erased and reset the drawing area and bill of materials area. I suppose you could use the existing ones and resize them to suit. This method worked on two different title blocks. No guarantees here, just a method that I used that worked setting up client borders.
we've utilized the same method, worked well.
Another option would be to open the .dwt, delete the border, insert your border (regardless of name), then type RENAME at the command line and rename the block reference to Title Block.
I've experienced with a co-worker the same "fatal error" that you are getting when defining the drawing area's. On my machine no problem, on his, problem. We scrapped the dwt we were working in, and started over with another copy of the Final_ANSI-B and it worked fine. It would appear to be a corruption in the dwt.